Default How to Write an Unemployment Appeal

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

Can someone help me write my appeal letter for EDD?
    I'm currently taking 12 units at Cal state long beach as an psychology undergraduate student.

I've been denied for my CTB (california training benefits). So now I need someone to help me write an appeals letters.

Here is exactly what the letter states:

You are not eligible for the California Training Benefits (CTB) program on the California Unemployment Insurance Code (CUIC) section 1269.1D

The training does not meet the criteria for an approved educational or vocational training program. Therefore, your training does not meet the provisions of section 1269.1(D) of the CUIC. Section 1269.1(D) provides the training or retraining course of instruction is one approved by the director and can be completed within a reasonable period of time.

You are not eligible for a Training Extension (TE) on the California unemployment insurance code (CUIC) section 1271A.

Although you met requirements of CUIC 1271(A) for TE benefits, a TE claim cannot be filed because you do not qualify for the CTB program under section 1269.1D of the CUIC. Therefore you do not meet the provisions of section 1271(A) of the CUIC. Section 1271A provides any unemployed individual receiving unemployment compensation benefits who applies for or inquires about a determination of potential eligibility for the CTB program no later than the 16th week of his or her receiving these benefits and is determined eligible for the CTB program, is entitled to a training extension on his or her unemployment compensation claim, if necessary, to complete CTB approved training.

Appeal:

You have the right to file at an appeal if you do not agree with all or part of this decision

To appeal, you must do the following:

A) Complete the enclosed appeal form (DE1000M) or write a letter stating that you want to appeal this decision. If you write a letter to appeal, explain the reason why do you do not agree with the department's decision. Write your Social Security number on each document you submit to the department (Title 22 California code of regulations (CCR), section 5008).

B. Mailed the DE1000M or your letter to the address of the office listed on their first page of this decision.

C. File your appeal within 20 days of the mail date of this notice.

Default Re: My Unemployment Appeals

So, what part of the decision do you not agree with?

I don't agree with how I can't get CTB training. This will lead me into getting a job. So can you help me write a letter? I don't have to be perfect.

WHY don't you agree? What part do you believe they got wrong? What part of what they said do you believe does not apply? Why do you believe it does not apply?

How do you expect anyone to help you (and no, I'm not going to help you write a letter if you mean write it for you, but if you give me something to work with I can at least give you some ideas on what to say) if you don't give us anything to work with?

dude, stop asking question if you're not going to help. I already answer you for you just to ask another question. And now I answer this question of yours for you to ask another question. I said I don't care what anyone write. Make up something that I can least appeal. Be creative because I'm sure not, hence, that's why I'm on here dude!!!!

First of all, I'm not a dude.

Second, we are not here to write your letters for you. If that's what you're here for, and it's clear on both forums that it is, you can stop right now. NO ONE is going to take on the responsibility or the liability of writing your appeal letter. That's YOUR job. You think I'm going to put this forum at risk of your suing it if I, or anyone else here for that matter, writes your letter for you and you lose?

I don't see anyone else, on this or the other forum, lining up to answer your questions. It appears that I'm all you've got. But I'm not even going to TRY without more reasons than you've given me. "I think I should be eligible" is NOT ENOUGH.

Default Re: How to Write an Unemployment Appeal

It appears, in order to be successful you need to demonstrate how the program does or should meet the criteria for an approved educational or vocational training program, according to provisions of section 1269.1(D) of the CUIC.
    Section 1269.1(D) provides the training or retraining course of instruction is one approved by the director and can be completed within a reasonable period of time.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I'm currently enrolled in CTB, and can tell you since I did a lot of research before attempting to enroll (I did not want to risk getting denied), that it has to be a SHORT TERM program, not an educational institute in order to get your A.A., B.A., etc. My program lasts for a year, which is the maximum that they will allow. I am enrolled in community college, but in a paralegal program to supplement the degree that I already have. You have to enroll in a program that will give you job skills to immediately attain employment upon completion.

Unfortunately, working on your undergrad work will not allow you to be in the CTB program. You can find all of this info on EDD's website.

California does not deny benefits strictly because you attend school, though. If you are able and available to work and are able to show them that, then you might still be able to collect unemployment. You would have to continue to look for work.

1. Sponsored Links