Default RV Was Towed from Campground

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: TN (there are no violations of any kind associated with this RV or owner)

My RV was in storage in TN at a campground for the last 23 days. I had a verbal agreement that I would remove my RV on the first of April. Today, the 23rd of March, I was called by a towing agency and was told that they had towed my RV today. I have not received any notifications of any kind that the vehicle was to be towed. The first I new about it being towed was after it had been towed by the towing company. Is this legal for the campground to have my RV towed without any notification whatsoever?

Default Re: RV Was Towed from Campground

Quote Quoting Smallfox1
    View Post
    Is this legal for the campground to have my RV towed without any notification whatsoever?
    The only real answer with the information you provide is, maybe. Did the campground have contact information for you? Did the campground post any notice on the vehicle prior to having it towed? Are there any signs posted, or in any documentation you signed with the campground, about how long a vehicle can be left there? With only a verbal agreement, you don't have any actual documentation or evidence of the agreement. Unless you can get the person with whom you agreed to admit to it, it is likely that you are going to be stuck with the towing and storage fees.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

Did the campground have contact information for you? YES
    Did the campground post any notice on the vehicle prior to having it towed? NO- they lied to the tow truck operator who questioned them. He asked them if we had been notified and they told him yes. This is untrue. We had talked with them 6 days prior, on the phone and there was no problem with leaving it until the 1st of April.
    Are there any signs posted, or in any documentation you signed with the campground, about how long a vehicle can be left there? NO
    vvvvvvvvv
    We actually lived there for a year in our RV. We were never late with the rent or electric bill and didn't owe them a penny when we moved. We kept the campground mowed all summer (approx. 10 acres..took 3 of us eight hours to mow it) for $70 as a favor because they had just bought the campground and was short of money, they claimed. We tried to do anything we could to help them because they were new at owning a campground. They started complaining about little things, just nit picking really. And my husband finally told them we would move. We did move by the 1st of March as we told them we would. My husband talked with them several times over the phone about our RV being stored there and they told us it would be $50 per month. After that they decided they wanted it moved and we told them we would move it on the first of April. This was fine by them. The next thing we know we get a call from the towing company and are told our RV was towed.

So you can prove that they agreed to charge you $50 rent for the entire month of March, and that you paid the rent prior to being towed?

I did not record the conversation, no. It was there 23 days.

Again, you paid the rent prior to being towed?

1. Sponsored Links