Default Diversion and Immigration's Application

hi there,
    i have been arrested last year for felony shoplifting and i have been placed in diversion for 1st offense. now im married to a US citizen and we just had a baby together. my case is still in process with diversion because my public defender keep extending my case every 90 days and keep telling me i need to finish diversion and then my case can be dismiss. by the same time I started to file my green card application with Immigration to change my status and get my green card.
    here is my preoccupation: If immigration figure out that i have been arrested, do my application for I795 and I485 will be denied? or immigration will deport me for fraud? because in my application i didnt mention it because my counselor from diversion told me if I want to apply or file an application for anything to put "NO".
    I really need a real explaination for that case because im really stressful right now if Immigration denies my case.
    Thanks in Advance.

Default Re: Diversion and Immigration's Application

Did you disclose the situation on your I-495? If you lied on that form, you're in deep trouble.

yes, I said No, because my counselor from diversion told me to mention that, because when they will see it, my case will be in pending. so now what should I do? because I already received my appoitment notice for my fingerprints and photo? please help

What applies for most circumstances does not for immigration. The counselor should not have given you advice on an immigration matter. You need an immigration attorney - yesterday.

1. Sponsored Links