Default Initiation of Coroner's Inquest

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

'Trials' was the nearest title I could see! I'm trying to determine how soon an autopsy might take place and an inquest might begin in the following circumstances:

1 A formerly healthy young man dies and the attending hospital physicians say he died of a meth overdose.
    2 There is no reason to suspect any other cause of death
    3 Cal State law says accidental death from a drug overdose must be considered at an inquest

So:

1 How soon would the autopsy be performed and its results made available to the coroner?
    2 Assuming the autopsy clearly says meth was the cause of death, what is the earliest the inquest would begin?

Default Re: Initiation of Coroner's Inquest

How soon an autopsy will be performed will be up to the medical examiner's office. Basically, it will take as long as it takes for them to get to it. It is unlikely that more than a few days before an autopsy is done. However, it could be months before all the lab work is completed and an official cause of death is pronounced.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

1. Sponsored Links