Default How to Get Drivers License in One State While Revoked in Another

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Missouri and other states.

Can I legally get a drivers license in another state if I am revoked in one? I am revoked in Missouri. Want to move to another state if I can legally drive there.

This is the first time my license has been revoked. I lost my license for one year.

Default Re: Drivers License for Another State While Revoked in Another

No. All states require you sign a certification you are not revoked/suspended in another state. If you lie, it is the same as driving with no license.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Default Re: How to Get Drivers License in One State While Revoked in Another

Every state will either ask if you have a suspension, verify the status of your license, or both.

NDR means all states will see the suspension. As Bullwinkle points out, you are not getting a license until you are revoked in one state. You can most likely get a Restricted license in Missouri depending on why you were revoked. Nobody else is going to even consider a hardship license.

All of the fifty states have converted to the National Driver Register's (NDR) Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS), as provided for under Federal regulations. The NDR was established with the primary purpose of assisting the licensing officials of participating states in exchanging information about the motor vehicle driving records of individuals. Before issuing a motor vehicle operator's license to an individual or renewing such a license, a State shall request from the Secretary information from the National Driver Register. This mandatory NDR inquiry will likely show that your right to operate is revoked in Missouri. Consequently, you will not be able to get a license elsewhere until you're clear in Missouri.

1. Sponsored Links