Default How to Remove a No Contact Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Palm beach county Florida.

My boyfriend and I got into a heated argument and both pushed each other. A 'witness' saw this and decided to call the cops. We had to go to court and go through the entire situation... There was a no contact order put on. I'm 20 years old and the state attorney called and asked me before trial if I wanted the no contact order possibly taken off.. I said yes because in not afraid nor do I feel threatened by him, never did.hes been in a program for 8 months and I come to find out that no one ever asked the judge to remove the no contact order.. my parents told the state attorney that they wanted him no where near me ( they have tried to get each boyfriend I've had arrested somehow) and they followed my parents request. I wanted to know how to get this no contact order off the easiest way considering it was supposed to be gone atleast 7 months ago and now I can possibly get arrested for seeing my boyfriend. The state attorney told me that my boyfriend needs to tell his attorney to put in a motion for it, but that doesn't make sense to me... Can someone please help !!

Default Re: How to Remove a No Contact Order

If you are the petitioner, you shouldn't be the one who goes to jail. In fact, it should be the opposite. The respondent should go. I don't know of any states that would arrest you. If you feel inclined call your court's victim's advocates and speak with them about the issue. If you are indeed the petitioner, they should be able to provide you with direction.

I never put on the order.. The judge ordered it because we continued to date during trial, because he did nothing.. I was told I would be arrested if I came in contact with him in any way.. I contacted the state attorney to get it off and she told me to contact my boyfriends attorney, that she has to do it. I contacted his attorney, she told me that my boyfriend needs to contact her and tell her that he wants the order off and then she can put in a motion for it to be removed. It sounds really confusing and incorrect to me for some reason.. Really not understanding it , that's why I asked for help ! Haha

Please clarify:

Were you AND your boyfriend arrested or was just your boyfriend arrested?
    When you indicate you went to court, what kind of court? Criminal court? Were you both charged, or just him?
    Was he convicted or given a deferred sentence? Were you?
    Did your boyfriend ever file for a restraining order against you (you would have been served and would have been listed as the defendant)?

I suspect you misunderstood what was told to you, and that it is your boyfriend that will be arrested if you come in contact with him, but the answers to the question above might clarify.

No, everything happened to him. It was a juvenile case at the time so it was in juvenile court. He was sentenced to a program for 8 months and anger management classes , he never filed anything . And I'm just going by exactly what both attorneys and judge said. She said we BOTH would get arrested for contempt of court if we came in contact. It's possible that I was lied to because my dad is a cop and sea to get his way with stuff like this. I just want clarification.

As an adult and being the petitioner, you have the ability to speak with a victim advocate who will direct through the options that you have available.

1. Sponsored Links