Default Getting Back into the Country with a Warrant for Child Neglect Charges

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Illinois

Due to personal issues, I fled to a different country. DCFS charged me with child endangerment and abandonment charges since my child was in a hospital. I want nothing more than to be with my child, and he wants the same. When flying back into the states, will I be detained due to the warrant? Is there any possible way I can come back and not do jail time? I was not an american citizen, but i am legally married to one.

Please help me with the process of getting my legal troubles in check, as well as what is expected when I arrive back into the country. Thank you.

Default Re: Getting Back into the Country with a Warrant for Child Neglect Charges

Possibly, yes. You need to hire an immigration lawyer.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Getting Back into the Country with a Warrant for Child Neglect Charges

You need to discuss your immigration issues with an immigration lawyer, and your criminal charges with a criminal defense lawyer.

Nobody here can promise you that you won't be picked up or detained on a warrant or, having fled the U.S. for whatever reason, that the reason for your flight or the apparent criminal charges against you won't prevent your reentry. You've also shared nothing about your immigration status.

Sorry about that! I am a German Citizen, but I lived in the US for 21 years on a green card.

1. Sponsored Links