Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mistaken Harassing Contact

Gary, please understand that all of the responders on this forum are volunteers. This means we are not required to help all posters all the time. In fact we are not required to help any posters, any time. This means we may choose who we help and who we don't help - for any reason whatsoever, including being disinclined to associate with slimey lying little stalkers. And that's perfectly OK with forum management. Which means that if you're upset that no one wants to help you, there's absolutely nothing you can do. Period.

Gary has also gone out of his way to wear out the volunteers by repeatedly posting threads on the same subject in violation of forum rules against double-posting. Some people work hard to wear out their welcomes....

Maybe we need to get a restraining order against him.

eerelations - of course I recognize that nobody is required help all posters at all times. I've never asked for that or demanded such. And I've never made less of anyone who replied for any reason. I'm a bit above calling people names like slimy stalkers. I have politely and tactfully suggested to responders that I don't need or want their off point or impolite responses. I guess you were inferring that I was a stalker (I can't yet understand the inferrence) but I think stalker or voyeur might be a good term for someone who responds to a post with an inquiry as to some detail(under the guise of someone who might help) and then replies "get a lawyer" or "I don't help defendants" or out of the blue jumping into a thread with no constructive input other than to call me a slimy stalker??? I've also had some "help" from other posters telling me to "stop posting" or post on top of another thread. I believe I started new threads for uniques issues and if a moderator has a problem with the way I'm posting, I'd imagine he'd make it known. You guys act like you are god's gift and a bratty bunch you are also. a far cry from professionals on point. there are a million posts, if you are not interested or do not care to respond then don't respond! If you folks like dogmatique or flyingron, eerelations, or Mr. Knowitall are working for this forum, then by all means, make it clear & I'll do my best to abide by the rules (I don't know what TOS is). And Mr. Knowitall, I recall your name was associated with the forum as some sort of staff, so I will recheck that and please PM me if in your capacity you have a request (and if I repeated a post on the same issue, I apologize but I don't think you will find that).

Mr. Knowitall - a super moderator. I have no experience in moderating a forum. I expect you would delete posts that are rude, vulgar, off color. or try to coach or eliminate poor posting manners. I'll do my best here and perhaps you can call off the dogs in terms of their worthless, petty, antagonistic posts.

Quote Quoting garyS-NJ1
    View Post
    I take it that you are an attorney and now I get it! I've heard from several members that I should get an attorney. And in reading many posts to learn from the exchange of information, I've seen the same thing: get an attorney. I have to conclude that this is a forum for soliciting business as an attorney. I understand that most forums are sponsored by users of their product but many do provide some valuable content. Do you know of any forums for Pro-se people (or people that want to provide some valuable input to their attorney's efforts)? thanks again.
    Sigh. Rather than realizing that you are being told to get an attorney because it is evident that the defecit between your legal knowledge and the scope of your case is something that cannot be bridged in two days through an internet forum, and therefore professional help is needed, you have invented a vast conspiracy among the people posting here to conjure up business for attorneys.

This is actually pretty funny. If you prefer to believe that I will somehow benefit financially from advising you to get an attorney, so be it. I will share my proceeds from the referral with Doggie, because I like her, and AARDVARC, because I am indebted to her, and maybe Cdw, because I think he is swell too. This is great. We all get a raise.

you are framing it wrong (or perhaps just to sustain argument). My simple point is and always has been that forums are intended for meaningful (constructive) dialog. granted "get a lawyer" is most often the best advice but if you look at any internet forum, I'll suggest something on cars, motorcycles, gardening, plumbing,... it's most often about how to do it. yes, repair manuals sometimes tell you to go to a qualified technician, but I can skip that page or just jump on an internet foum and find someone that wasn't afraid to try and is interested in helping others. I never suggested this site and the forums are a secret marketing tool. The services are right out there but also is the "forum for exchange of information". If I find that the only folks that ever share valuable advice are the three or four cranky guys that are now tired of me, then I'll move on. thanks for your patience.

No, the forum is meant to provide legal information in response to questions.

Sometimes by dint of the complexity of the question, it is necessary to suggest that the person get a lawyer. Sometimes the person displays a lack of aptitude for legal matters, and it becomes obvious that the person won't be able to handle the legal matter without the help of a lawyer. Sometimes the person plays "hide the ball" with the facts, and we simply don't want to guess at what happened - that's not helpful to anyone and is usually a complete waste of time.

Some people seem to believe that if they believe the law is wrong or unfair we want to hear them complain about it.We have "banter" and a "debate the issues" for people who want to complain about the law or debate the law, but that's not what the other forums are for.

Asking the same question a second, third, fourth, fifth time doesn't change the answer, even if you change the wording slightly.

Gary,

I'm not a lawyer, I have no legal advice to offer you. I have no motivation for helping you, beyond ordinary human compassion - which you strain at.

PLEASE, do this for yourself. Print out this thread in its entirety, study it, play over in your mind - what happened here? Take an honest look at events and what transpired. Weigh what actually happened at that door with your ex-wife and kid and be honest about what your motivations really were. It could be that you see shades of this situation (and this thread) playing out over and over in your life. Learn from that; embrace that; grow from the experience.

It could be as you've insinuated, that everybody in that Court system was incompetent, out to railroad you. It could be as you've insinuated, that everybody on this forum is just conniving; wanting to take your money and leave you - the unjustly persecuted martyr - with nothing. That theory could be true. You might begin to wonder why it is that experience always seems to happen to you, and not to everybody else. Somewhere in all that thinking, you might just begin to think, maybe its you.

trafeng - I feel I have a pretty good handle on the events in my life. probably better that you do based on what you have read. you also are making generalizations which is nothing more than a veiled attack. Thanks but I really didn't come here for help in finding myself.

Mr. Knowitall - thanks for your last post which served to wrap things well and place some salve on all that have commented (including myself). And thanks for clarifying the purpose of the forum as being less of a discussion board for people with similar issues and more of a oracle with a select handful of people prepared to offer input. I've got some good input here but considering the amount of crap I had to wade through and the limited number of oracles (I guess three of which I've already offended with my pointedness), I'll probably be looking elseware for legal help. And I still don't think I was asking the same thing over and over again (trafeng can do the audit), and I am surprised nobody contributed on the mistaken harassment issue. It seemed a probable outcrop between people with different vantage points so I figured there would be case law or policy. maybe again, I just hurt some feelings with my pointedness. thanks again.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12