Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Does Residing in Another State Without Changing Guardianship Result in Terminatio

Dad did not know until recently that she hadnt been following through with things. He really thought that they were going to giive him back. He pays child support to Department of Human Services for his son to be on Medicaid even though we also have health insurance for him through his work. Here is just one of the sites that we have gotten the info. You have to click on the actual topics to narrow it down: Chapter 8, Chapter 12. http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/201...9/ar3/ch8.html
    there are alot of other cites that word it differently hence one of the reasons we are trying to figure this out. My Grandfather who was guardian for my sister has even come forward and said that if he would have moved with my sister out of state he was supposed to change state guardianship as well....

Default Re: Does Residing in Another State Without Changing Guardianship Result in Terminatio

Did you click on the link I provided?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

yes it is the same as the one I sent to you as well... but still the question of her having him in another state other than where the guardianship is??

The statute says nothing about guardianship being terminated simply upon relocation.

But perhaps more to the point..she's been gone for six years. Basically, the child's entire life. What does Dad want to accomplish here? Why would uprooting the child be in the child's best interest?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

If the guardianship order is out of Indiana and dad has grounds to terminate the order, dad can go to court and petition for its termination and the restoration of custody to him. The order doesn't go away by itself.

Thank you, that is what we were trying to figure out....

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12