Default Out of Status F1 Student Planning Reentry

Im in US and fell out of status on last fall quarter from the school.
    I will get my new I 20 from another school soon. My new school asked me fill out the reinstatement form or to re-enter the US. My school suggesting me to go back to my home country and re enter the US, but it's kinda impossible because my classes will start on March 1st. So, I am thinking to re-enter the US through Canada or Mexico.
    I dont have any Canada or Mexico visa, so I have to wait for my new I-20 and apply for the visa.
    Will the Canadian or Mexican embassy give me a visa with my out of status situation but having the new I-20?
    Will I be able to re-enter the US successfully?
    And in your opinion, which one is better -- reinstatement or re-entry to the US?

Thank you

Default Re: Out of Status F1 (Student) Planning Reentry

Quote Quoting thmrn
    View Post
    Im in US and fell out of status on last fall quarter from the school.
    I will get my new I 20 from another school soon. My new school asked me fill out the reinstatement form or to re-enter the US. My school suggesting me to go back to my home country and re enter the US, but it's kinda impossible because my classes will start on March 1st. So, I am thinking to re-enter the US through Canada or Mexico.
    I dont have any Canada or Mexico visa, so I have to wait for my new I-20 and apply for the visa.
    Will the Canadian or Mexican embassy give me a visa with my out of status situation but having the new I-20?
    Will I be able to re-enter the US successfully?
    And in your opinion, which one is better -- reinstatement or re-entry to the US?

Thank you
    According to your post, classes have already begun. You should have left when you fell out of status.

Oh sorry. I actually meant the classes will start on April 1st.

Most legitimate universities require that you be in good standing with your previous institution in order to be accepted. If you fell out of status, you are not likely entitled to enroll in your former school. That being the case, you may be overly optimistic about receiving a new I-20. It also depends on when you fell out of status and stopped attending classes.

1. Sponsored Links