Exclamation Is Driving on a Suspended License a Violation of Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida.

Ok so my boyfriend got caught with some other guys stealing from a clothing store. The amount stolen came up to about $2000 when all the clothes were added together. All of them were plead down from felonies to misdemeanors with probation and work camp. My boyfriend missed work camp because he had no license (it had been suspended and revoked) he never told his PO he just never went back. When he met up with his PO he was informed that his probation had been violated and there would be a warrant out for his arrest. He did not turn himself in. Will that impact his hearing negatively? Also when he was caught he was caught driving on a suspended license for the second time and charged with a felony. Since his probation was already violated will this count against him at his hearing as well? Is he looking at facing jail time? I feel like the courts are done giving him second chances...Oh yea they actually let him out on bond I thought when u VOP there is no bond...

Default Re: Is Driving on a Suspended License a Violation of Probation

When he met up with his PO he was informed that his probation had been violated and there would be a warrant out for his arrest. He did not turn himself in. Will that impact his hearing negatively?
    Probably, yep. They might even take him into custody at the hearing if there's an active warrant.

Also when he was caught he was caught driving on a suspended license for the second time and charged with a felony. Since his probation was already violated will this count against him at his hearing as well?
    Probably, yep.

Is he looking at facing jail time?
    Probably, yep. If he insists on not doing what he's supposed to, and keeps committing new crimes and violations, the court will eventually grow weary of his antics and put him behind bars where his behavior can be limited/controlled.

I feel like the courts are done giving him second chances...
    If the courts aren't already, they'll be getting there soon.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Default Re: Is Driving on a Suspended License a Violation of Probation

Him having no license has no bearing on reporting for camp. His refusal to comply with the court order, report his progress to the PO and failure to turn himself in will be held against him.

We do what is called a supplemental vioolation of probation. Since, he already had a violation prtition, any additional information that the court would need to know is written up separately from the original reason for violation. The subsequent DSL charge is defienitely a new violation. Based on his overall noncompliance, jail time is very possible at this time.

1. Sponsored Links