Default Can You Build a High Fence to Stop Neighbors Balls from Landing in My Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: NYC

so what do you do if your neighbor turns his house into a park and his children launch tons of balls onto your property almost on a daily basis?? can i build a high 12 foot or higher fence to stop it even if the fence limit is 6 feet? build a high net with posts? how does one solve this problem? you know law, so what can one do in this matter? or since they are children i cant do anything??

Default Re: Build a High Fence to Stop Neighbors Balls from Landing in My Property

Keep them.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Build a High Fence to Stop Neighbors Balls from Landing in My Property

If I had tons of them coming into my yard on an almost daily basis I'd look into making a business out of it.

Seriously, you are not going to get a permit for a twelve foot high fence. You knew that when you came here.

how does one solve this problem?
    You start by talking to the neighbor about the problem. If that does not work, you will need to file suit and get a restraining order.

Same advice as above + keep all the balls. At some point it gets very, very expensive for them unless they're so wealthy that they could give a toss about losing property over the fence. That said - best to have cordial conversation with the neighbor because those kids are probably going to be around for a long time.

1. Sponsored Links