Default Getting a Tourist Visa With a Parent Who Is in Immigration Proceedings

I have a quick question that I'd like to find out. I'm a Trinidad citizen and have a girlfriend who lives in Vienna, Austria. Recently I went to visit her and we spent two weeks together. Now for summer shes getting time off of school and wants to take a vacation to the US. I have to apply for my US visa before but I'm a little hesitant because my mother currently has an immigration case open in the US with my step-dad whose trying to get her papers organized and also I have a little sister whose 17 years old(us citizen). Will this affect my chances of getting a US visa ? I don't want to lie on the form but I also would like to get a fair chance too as I'm going on vacation with my gf and not visit my mother.I'm thinking of putting I "don't know" my mother's status on the DS160 form because we don't keep in contact. What would my chances be ?

Default Re: Getting a Tourist Visa With a Parent Who Is in Immigration Proceedings

Your parents issues would not normally affect you. If you are concerned that you'll be scrutinized about whether you in fact intend to leave as promised, be prepared to document ties to your nation of origin - things like leases, property owned, family ties, bank accounts, employment, a pre-paid return ticket, etc.

1. Sponsored Links