Default Misuse of Lot / Loitering

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: Michigan

I was in a parking lot for about an hour after going in and coming out, and the officer said basically I got a ticket for being in the parking lot without going in (and I didn't want to argue that I had gone in already but didn't buy anything).

He basically said it's nothing, just a fee and gives no points, doesn't go on my record, etc.

But I can't find anything about it online and so far it doesn't say anything about how much it costs.

It is a civil infraction and has an appearance date -- but if I pay it do I have to go to that? It says I can mail it, but if I pay online does that admit responsibility (so that I don't have to mail it)?

Does anybody have any idea about the type of money this will cost?

All it says:

OR-USE LOT OTHER THAN INT. 895

Although I think I just found it; it says on their website " MISUSE OF LOT/LOITERING $130.00"

How ridiculous... :-/ Is this something I should try and fight?

Default Re: Misuse of Lot / Loitering

This is what? A MCL 750.167 "disorderly person" charge? An ordinance violation (and if so, identify the ordinance and governmental unit)?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    This is what? A MCL 750.167 "disorderly person" charge? An ordinance violation (and if so, identify the ordinance and governmental unit)?

Not as far as I know -- I think it's an ordinance violation all it says is like 99909 and 895.

http://www.ci.roseville.mi.us/inner....%20-%20traffic

It's on their under loitering.

Apparently Ord. No. 895 as Ch. 191 of the 1984 Roseville Code.
    Quote Quoting Chapter 191 - Loitering
    § 191-1. Definitions.

As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:LOITERINGRemaining idle in essentially one location, and includes the concepts of spending time idly, loafing or walking about aimlessly and also includes the colloquial expression "hanging around."
    § 191-2. Loitering on pedestrian overpasses.

No person shall loiter on the pedestrian overpasses for the I-94 and I-696 expressways or for Gratiot Avenue or loiter on any bridge over the I-94 or I-696 expressway or any other bridge or pedestrian overpass in the City of Roseville. No person shall use any bridge or pedestrian overpass for any purpose except for continuous passage.
    § 191-3. Loitering to disturb motorists.

No person shall loiter on the pedestrian overpasses for the I-94 and I-696 expressways or for Gratiot Avenue or loiter on any bridge over the I-94 or I-696 expressway or any other bridge or pedestrian overpass in the City of Roseville in such a manner as to cause motorists to be fearful or apprehensive that articles or things may or are to be dropped or thrown from bridges or pedestrian overpasses.
    § 191-4. Certain types of loitering prohibited.

A. No person shall loiter in any public place or area open to the general public in such a manner as to:

(1) Create or cause to be created any disturbance or annoyance to the passage, access, comfort and repose of any person.

(2) Create or cause to be created any danger of a breach of peace.

(3) Obstruct, impede or restrict in any manner the free passage of pedestrians or vehicles.

(4) Obstruct, molest or interfere with any person lawfully in any public place.

(5) Create a breach of the peace by loitering in any school building or on school property.

(6) Be guilty of loitering in or with a motor vehicle upon any property owned by a school district in this City.
    B. This section shall include the making of unsolicited remarks of any offensive, disgusting or insulting nature or which are calculated to cause fear or apprehension or to annoy or disturb the person or persons to whom or in whose hearing they are made.
    § 191-6. Violations and penalties.

Any person violating the provisions of this chapter shall be deemed to have committed a civil infraction.

1. Sponsored Links