Default How to Get Car Back After It Was Repossessed Because of a Defaulted Title Loan

I took out a title loan with a company abt 4 months ago. I have been paying on the loan until this month when I fell behind on one payment. Today, it was repossessed bc of that defaulted payment. It is Saturday and, they're closed till Monday. I live in Alabama and I would like to know what do I need to do to get my car back. Can I get it back?? Are there any legal repercussions? That was my only means of transportation and I really need to get it back. Please any help and suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Default Re: How to Get Car Back After It Was Repossessed Because of a Defaulted Title Loan

You need to pay them what is owed and quickly. They aren't some pawn shop for cars, it will be sold in short order.

Default Re: How to Get Car Back After It Was Repossessed Because of a Defaulted Title Loan

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You need to pay them what is owed and quickly. They aren't some pawn shop for cars, it will be sold in short order.
    When you say that, do you mean the total which I got which is $800? Will I have to pay repossession fees or whatever as well? Do I just pay them to get my car back? I tried calling them right after they took my car but they weren't open so I have no clue what my next step is until Monday, when they are open.

I just spoke to the title loan people that took the car. They told me they needed $2300 by today because they have inquiries on the car. They took the car on Saturday how do they have inquiries already?? Is there anything else I can do? Any suggestions?

Because they don't care to inventory cars and the chance that they are going to be redeemed once repossessed is rare. Usually they just ship them off to a local auto auction, but some people troll the title loan places looking for deals.

I'm going to try and see if I could work out some arrangement maybe pay $1000 and the remainder a few days later. It might not work but I can try. I was surprised he was kind of nice on the phone but they have shrewd business tactics I don't expect much

Of course they're nice on the phone. They want you to get their egregiously awful terms. They really want you to buy back your car as well, thought they're not going to great lengths to accomodate you. Even as bad a deal as they are, they have to be friendly to customers if they want to stay in business.

1. Sponsored Links