Default D-6 Driver's License Suspension in Florida

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida: I moved out of Orange county Florida, I was sent a red light camera ticket, I never recieved. I regestered a car in Mass,and found out then that my Florida license had been suspended for failure to pay. I paid the fine thru Penn Credit in Jan. I was told by them that the Florda DMV would send a D-6 form stating that the fine was paid in 7-14 days. When I didn't recieve it in the time frame i called the Flordia DMV, they said that Penn Credit was the party who would send it. Penn Credit said that the DMV was the party to send it, the runaround was on. After many phone calls Penn Credit finally said that in fact they were responsible for sending the form. It is now MARCH and I still do not have the form, the last phone call to Penn Credit was today, they informed me that had done all they were going to do and I would have to wait for it to come in the mail. The state of Mass RMV has informed me that on the 3rd of March I have to surrender my plates and registration. Now I will have to pay for new plates, registration and insurance. Is there any thing I can do?

Default Re: Penn Credit

I don't see how Penn Credit can send the D-6 since it is an official Florida form but if they have agreed to send it, I guess that answers that.

The state of Mass RMV has informed me that on the 3rd of March I have to surrender my plates and registration.
    I missed something. Mass has stated you have to surrender your MASS plates and registration? I wasn't aware the you were required to have a drivers license to register a car. I'll have to do some looking to confirm that.

and while you might have to pay for a new registration and plates (although I would make sure this isn't just a suspension rather than a revocation), I do not see how it affects your insurance. You simply keep your insurance in place. Be sure to contact your insurance provider so they are aware the vehicle is not currently licensed and it will not be driven on the road. Heck, it might even save you a couple bucks since it won't need collision coverage until it is plated.

Default Re: D-6 Driver's License Suspension in Florida

This all started with the suspension of my Florida license, That led to the cancellation of the insurance of the car I registered in Ma. Can not have insurance reinstated without D-6 form, without insurance they revoke plates.

I have had a Mass license since Oct.

For some reason I think somebody in MASS is playing with you. If you have a valid MASS license, there is no justification to terminate your policy. Personally, I do not see a reason to suspend your policy even if you didn't have a valid license but that is a fight for another day.

Have you checked with the involved Florida court to see if your suspension has been cleared by the court? That is who issues the d-6 release which you then submit to the Florida DHSMV.

start here:

http://ffdhsmv.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/92/~/unpaid-traffic-citation-(d6-suspension)

be sure to read the section regarding out of state drivers.

the following link is from the above site

https://services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck/

a
    nd then once you determine which court is was (if you didn't know) here is the link to the court clerk of all the counties:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/offices/

c
    ontact them and ask for your proof of clearance of the suspension.

What was the reason given in the letter from the Mass. RMV wherein you were instructed to turn in your plates? It sounds like Florida has you blocked in the National Driver Register for non-payment of the red light ticket.
    Brian E. Simoneau, Esq.
    508-656-0057
    550 Cochituate Rd. # 25
    Framingham, MA 01701

1. Sponsored Links