Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Absent for the Classes Registered

I jst checked my credit report and everything is clear so far but is there any law if collection agency can get involved even after these many years ?

Quote Quoting smarty84handsome
    View Post
    I jst checked my credit report and everything is clear so far but is there any law if collection agency can get involved even after these many years ?
    I don't think the collection agency will be after you...especially after 2005. They're a service that the colleges retain to retrieve money ; smaller debts like yours probably don't seem like good bets for them to go after.

I would suggest you speak directly to a lawyer since they will be able to provide you with more direct advise. It does seem to me that, as a foreigner, you took the route you thought was appropriate. You told your counselor. If your counselor is academic, then that works in your favor. Likewise, if you wrote this material to this counselor, that works in your favor. Also, if your counselor is no longer at the college, then that certainly works in your favor.

Your best bet would be to contact the university, THROUGH AN ATTORNEY, explaining the situation. I believe that you really should have an intermediary in this situation. That attorney can speak on your behalf appropriately.

Above all, avoid speaking to the college yourself about all of this. They will tear your case apart whereas an attorney can approach them appropriately.

Overall, no matter what, it does seem you are responsible since you did enter into a contract. The only way you may be able to get this dismissed (it seems) is if you can prove that you DID tell your counselor to withdraw you. Even so, that may not be enough since the school does have certain procedures.

A lawyer, however, will be able to convince the school that THEY are responsible (when they really are not). You really should go through a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2