Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to Contact Somebody's Commanding Officer

Ok sorry for the long pause. I was able to contact his command, they said they would talk to him. The next day I recived a letter from his attorney saying that is was a bad idea to contact his command. He then sent me a text the following day saying that his attorney has contacted his command and told them that they are not to speak to me on the phone or deal with me at all. Everything needs to go between the lawyers. I tried to call his command again because he will still not pay his parts of the bills ect. They refused to speak with me. I just recived my bill from my lawyer it is over $300 for this one issue alone.... Him refusing to pay his part of the bills. So I'm not sure what to do now? Ne ideas? He is still refusing all communication with me at all.

The lawyer really can't tell the Army what to do in this situation. It sounds like his CO has taken the option to butt out, which is unfortunate. You may have to go over the CO's head. You need to contact the Legal Affairs office for the base, they might be able to give you some guidance.

Ok good to know. I have only spoken to his first sergent, but it seems like I will have to talk to his commander....which is of course an officer. I am getting so pissed about how much money I am having to shell out because he is being so dumb. It doesn't seem right that I have to pay over $300 because he is refusing to pay his part.

He really is being a bit of a silly sod, isn't he? This can seriously backfire on him.

Okay - so, try the next in command. I know they really don't like to get involved too much, but their soldier is not following through with his commitments and from personal experience, they'll jump on the soldier very quickly if only to stop the other parent from bothering them

I agree with free9man's advice, and Mr KnowItAll is also correct - even today, the military is not fond of parents who aren't fulfilling their obligations.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Ok so tomorrow I will contact his first sergent again and then his commander right after. Hopefully his commander will get it into him to pay up n be responsable.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12