Unhappy I Have a Social Security Card but Problems with My Birth Certificate

Can some one please give any advise or ideas on how I am to go about obtaining a copy of my birth certificate. I have a valid ss# and the social security office confirms it along with saying that the number is only addressed to me when I answered the questions that they asked. Now I send off for a birth certificate and it is taking quite awhile to get anything back. It was sent to New York vital stat. and is still processing for almost 2 weeks. it there something that I missed when my parents got me my information to get these items? I have a Florida ID card that is soon expired and I want to get a Drivers license but they told me I need to have that Birth Certificate. please help.

Default Re: I Have a Social Security Card but Problems with My Birth Certificate

2 weeks is a very short time, in all honesty.

The last time I requested official documents from the great state of PA, it took them 30 days. Give it some more time. Call and check to see that they've actually received the request.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: I Have a Social Security Card but Problems with My Birth Certificate

You always have the option of flying to NY and obtaining it in person.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

1. Sponsored Links