Default How to Transport a Vehicle You Buy in Another State

Hello,

I live and hold a current drivers license in the state of Arizona. I just bought a vehicle in the state of Connecticut, I want to drive the vehicle back to AZ and get it registered, how do I do this?

Do I have to register it here in CT or can I get away with driving it out to AZ if I have the title and bill of sale in hand?

What kind of penalties will I face?

Default Re: Live in Az, Bought a Vehicle in Ct, Now I Have to Drive It Back. Where to Registe

How long in AZ do you to perform the transfer? Do it within that time frame and you should be OK ... have insurance for it right? The title & bill of sale should be OK to transport.

No plates I guess .. CT has 24 hrs to turn these in upon sale ... expect hassles ...

Registering it in CT will result in tax to CT ...

Since CT to AZ would involved ~ a dozen states, hard to say the possible penalties.

Make copies of title and bill of sale, just in case.

Default Re: Live in Az, Bought a Vehicle in Ct, Now I Have to Drive It Back. Where to Registe

You can get a temporary registration in CT or if you think you can get it done in 3 days, get a 3 day permit from AZ.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You can get a temporary registration in CT or if you think you can get it done in 3 days, get a 3 day permit from AZ.
    Hey thanks Ron, much appreciated. Ive never bought a vehicle from outta state before. Its a Sprinter van so shipping it across the country is going to be very expensive. I also have the title and lien which was paid off in hand so I can always show that as back up. I think I will be ok even if the 3 day temp runs out if I have title and all in hand.

Anyone else wanna share?

Thanks!

Default Re: How to Transport a Vehicle You Buy in Another State

LOL. How much to sell it to me. I have been looking for one to convert. I am in OH.

Seriously, Ron is right on. States will issue a temp tag on out of state transfers.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Ok well the 3 day permit is not going to work, just looked into it further, paid the dollar to DMV to find out it can only be used for going from "X street" to DMV. Can NOT be used for travel or any other purpose, including commercial interstate movement is strictly prohibited.

Hmm now what? I guess I will have to go to DMV here in the current state and register it and then switch plates and registration over when I get to AZ. This is such a pain in the neck...

This is such a pain in the neck...
    I actually was looking for a Sprinter. You should consider a transport company or Uship. I see a Sprinter on there now for about $1 a mile bid.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

1. Sponsored Links