Question Determination of Invalid Claim, Section 1277

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: I received the same notice sometime around my second extension. Because I was close to the one year mark I received a notice of a new claim, then the next day I received notice of invalid claim that said the same thing that yours says. what does invalid claim means?

Default Re: Determination of Invalid Claim, Section 1277

"Invalid" is self-explanatory. Section 1277 provides:
    Quote Quoting California Unemployment Code, Sec. 1277.
    Notwithstanding Section 1281, if the base period of a new claim includes wages which were paid prior to the effective date of, and not used in the computation of the award for, a previous valid claim, the new claim shall only be valid if, during the 52-week period beginning with the effective date of the previous valid claim, either of the following applies:

(a) The individual earned or was paid sufficient wages to meet the eligibility requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 1281 and performed some work.

(b) The individual did not receive benefits under this part, and was disabled and was entitled to receive, wage loss benefits under Part 2 (commencing with Section 2601) of this division or under Division 4 (commencing with Section 3201) of the Labor Code, or under any workers' compensation law, employer's liability law, or disability insurance law of any other state or of the federal government.
    For the purpose of this section only, the term "wages" includes any and all compensation for personal services performed as an employee for the purpose of meeting the eligibility requirements under subdivision (a) of Section 1281. This section is not applicable to the computation of an award for disability benefits.
    Apparently you did not have sufficient earnings during the base period for the new claim.

How would i have any earnings if i'm unemployee.??? Will it affect my extended benefits??.

If you had no earnings during the base period, that would be the problem. Unemployment is not a welfare program. It's something that you qualify for by working and earning money.

1. Sponsored Links