Default Does Child Support Get Lowered if Father Has Another Child

My question involves child support in the State of: CA

I'm currently going through a divorce with my son's father. It's not final yet but we've made agreements on everything and the agreements were submitted to the judge to finish our uncontested divorce. The child support we agreed on is lower than the amount that it should be (per CA's calculator). I was ok with this at first but I am having a hard time keeping up with bills and expenses so I filed with the state child support office to bring the child support to the correct amount and to have it automatically deducted from his check (instead of relying on him to transfer the money every month), nothing has been finalized through the child support office yet but he still pays me the lower amount every month. Today I found out that my soon to be ex husband is having another child with his gf, she is due in February 2012. My question is, when she has her child will that effect my order for support? I seriously hope my son's support does not get lowered because his father decided to have another child (a huge mistake in my eyes). Please and thank you for your help.

Default Re: Does Child Support Get Lowered if Father Has Another Child

You'd have to work through the guidelines, it's actually quite possible it would go up slightly if the gf and the kid live with him. If she seeks her own order of support for their child, then it might go down.

Default Re: Does Child Support Get Lowered if Father Has Another Child

They actually do live together. They are both military but they do not live on base, he still receives BAH since we're still technically married. I'm not sure if that changes anything, it's kind of a mess right now. I can't wait until this divorce is final. Thank you.

1. Sponsored Links