Angry Landlord Wants More Money

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey.
    full time 6 days x eight hours plus per day= *required pay 75% towards rent weekly; take home for a family $150-200 per month; now landlord trying to muscle me for more money. This week my boss actually tried to take my entire pay for rent. two weeks before xmas and they want my whole check. How can that be ? Can they do that, seriously ?

He stated we had an agreement for fifty percent of pay towards the rent in exchange for employment. Little math: And I am consistently paying seventy five percent or more (which is about 99.9 percent of the time). So what exactly am I missing here? Arent we already over some sort of poverty line ratio debt ? what the?

Ebenezer Scrooge isn't just around for Christmas; he's here year long! cold-hearted, tight-fisted and greedy man, who despises everything that pleases others. Anyway.... ..my hours are not my own; time spent out sick reflect my out of pocket; constantly berated and made to feel like a second class citizen; privately owned, unstable hostile, environment.

So many complications, any advice ?

Default Re: How Much is 2 Much Landlord is Employer Questionable Oppressive Practices

this means that you earn 800 dollars a month. I doubt that the facts are as stated

Default Re: How Much is 2 Much Landlord is Employer Questionable Oppressive Practices

which facts would I be missing and maybe I can shed light on what you are getting at

Move and get a different job.

Are you saying that you work for your landlord?

How is it that, if you work so much, you earn so little?

Your rent is what? Per a lease? Your landlord wants to raise it to what?

Is the rental somehow connected with your employment?

Yes, I do office work full time and employed by my Landlord. I make slightly a little more than minimum wage, hence the little money. Basic example of weekly pay: $200 earned; minus $150 towards rent equals $50 me cash remainder (75% percent). Landlord flashes you the cash then takes his cut first. My rent is $1000 per month; husband unemployment exhausted; agreement to work in exchange for 50% of my income going towards the rent. Now, the landlord wants more money. They want me to work for no income 6 days a week. Increased hours for little or no pay doesn't sound right to me no matter how you look at it.

1. Sponsored Links