Default Employer Stealing My Money

Hey
    I moved from MA to FL and I am currently a waitress. I have been a waitress for a long time now and understand how restaurants work.

I got a job in a low key restaurant. They told me I would be making $4.19 an hour plus tips. They never asked me for any of my personal information which I thought was weird.

At the time of my check it was short! The employeer is trying to say that I need to fill out a 1099.... I kno this is complete lies as this place is completely a ILLEGALLY run restaurant. Shouldnt restaurants all be W-2 and even if it was a 1099, I should get a check with the complete amount of hours I worked!

This place does everything illegally, NO ONE, NOT ONE waiter/waitress claims tips and I dont even believe the restaurant owner is paying taxes!!!!!
    They buy all their food from the grocery store and all the liquor from the liquor store!

Can I "blow the whistle" on the tax cheat.

Help How can I get my money!!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Employeer Stealing My Money

Yes, you are an employee and they should be paying you properly. Contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint for your unpaid wages and the misclassification of employees. You can also contact the IRS and let them know what's going on.

I also suggest you start looking for a new job asap. You're working for crooks.

Quote Quoting Beth3
    View Post
    Yes, you are an employee and they should be paying you properly. Contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint for your unpaid wages and the misclassification of employees. You can also contact the IRS and let them know what's going on.

I also suggest you start looking for a new job asap. You're working for crooks.

How do you just get in contact with DOL and IRS lol. You just dont walk in do you? Ive been on the website briefly but wouldnt know what to do about filing a complaint or contacting them. I see a phone number for the IRS but I really dont know if calling them is the right approach. Thank you for your input any forms that you have linked to I could really use. Thanks again. Just need my money to quit.

Google Federal Department of Labor and do what that website tells you to do. Google IRS and do what that website tells you to do.

Do not complain to your employer further.

How do you just get in contact with DOL and IRS lol.

www.dol.gov

www.irs.gov

You can call them both and file complaints. Contact information will be on their websites.

1. Sponsored Links