Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Foreign Maintenance Orders

My wife has filed maintenance case against me in india based on the false allegations i am willing to keep her with me but she is interested in my money and don't want to rejoin unfortuantely indian laws are women biased cops can even arrest you without investigating matters just a simple complain in police station is required and rest is all scrwed up and now she got exparte orders against me with which she is trying to harass me through indian embassy (Hague Convention). Indian embassy officials are inquiring about my salary at my workplace which i think is against my fundamental rights. How do i file injuction against embassy officials ? I would like to do it without hiring attorney can someone refer me some reference in order to file injuction against indian embassy because they are crossing their limits inquiring my salary.

Default Re: Foreign Maintenance Orders

This assumes that you are actually in the US:

The Embassy is not crossing any limit or boundary; you have no recourse against them at all. Your salary information is not protected.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Yes i am in US and i believe inquiring about my salary itself is personal stuff. If you go through my post all such inquiries are conducted based on false allegations by my wife and without even conducting proper investigation how can they inquire my salary next would be extracting maintenance from my salary once the amount is decided. I thought united states is a country where we have our fundamental rights and in this case i am feeling singled out just on the basis of false allegations. Is there anyway we can restrict embassy officials ?

I'm not going to go through your posts.

But you're incorrect. Your salary is not protected information. Period.

Do not microwave grapes

Sir your comments are not necessary moreover you are somehwere near canada you don't know how legal system works therefore i will be waiting for someone else answer.....passing on your comments

Quote Quoting smarty84handsome
    View Post
    Sir your comments are not necessary moreover you are somehwere near canada you don't know how legal system works therefore i will be waiting for someone else answer.....passing on your comments
    That big area of land "near Canada" is called the United States. That's where I live. In the United States. Understand? If you want a forum about Indian law, I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.

But you're welcome.

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    That big area of land "near Canada" is called the United States. That's where I live. In the United States. Understand? If you want a forum about Indian law, I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.

But you're welcome.
    Yes i am aware of that forum for indian law as well. I visited this site expecting someone to help me and not to tell me directly that i am incorrect. Past couple of months me and my family has spent sleepless nights because of this harassment all of us are U.S. citizens. I don't have enough money to put into lawyers pockets therefore i am trying to help myself i am sure someone would give me some sort of helpful hints atleast to stop this unnecessary harassment

But you are incorrect.

Why would you want someone to tell you otherwise, if that's the truth? Nobody here - myself included, obviously - will tell you a lie just because that's what you want to hear.

You have no cause of action against the Embassy.

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    But you are incorrect.

Why would you want someone to tell you otherwise, if that's the truth? Nobody here - myself included, obviously - will tell you a lie just because that's what you want to hear.

You have no cause of action against the Embassy.

Okay may i rephrase my other concern as well one of this is ( is it possible to execute foreign orders such as maintenance/alimony orders in U.S. ? )

Yes, that's absolutely possible.

Hague Convention signatories often either domesticate or directly enforce foreign support orders.

(This isn't actually as uncommon as people think. So, if you want to fight a maintenance order coming out of India, you really do need an attorney in India to fight on your behalf!)

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast