Default Would You Accept $5,000 Settlement for a Permanent Neck Injury

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: FL

My friend's lawyer said he settled his case and my friend would receive $5,000 after the lawyer's fee. My friend has a permanent neck injury that has been known to get worse and headaches are frequent with this type of injury and the doctor says that arthritis could set in at an early age, the doctor also said that some people get to a point where they are not able to play sports. My friend is self employed and didn't have financial documents to file for lost wages so that part is of no concern to him. The main thing is pain and suffering and the high cost of future medical bills that this permanent injury can cause. I think the lawyer didn't do to good a job to actually settle for this low amount and he also did it without my friend's consent.

The insurance company should pay much more or do we as tax payers have to foot the bill if he has to use food stamps and go for disability. I really don't think a court would let my friend leave with less than $5,000 if this went to trial so he really has nothing to lose. My friend was rammed in the back while stopped for almost a minute. It's good he went to the chiropractor and wasn't scared by these insurance companies wanting to put fear in people with all this talk about fraud. You know you're not in fraud so be good to your body and seek treatment. The damage to your car could be minor but major to your body.

Would you accept this low settlement of $5,000 knowing what discomfort you presently have and the depressing news of what could be your future?

Default Re: Would You Accept $5,000 Settlement for a Permanent Neck Injury

If he didn't consent to the settlement, he can point that out to his lawyer and try to back out of it.

If somebody claims a neck injury but presents no medical evidence other than some visits to a chiropractor, the insurance company is not likely to take the claim seriously. Anybody can find a chiropractor who will tell them that they have subluxation and who will provide an indefinite course of treatment.

If the insurance company doesn't believe the person was actually injured as claimed (I expect that's what you're meaning with the references to fraud) and the person has no credible evidence of an actual injury, has no evidence of financial harm, and has sought no medical care beyond the chiropractic adjustments, a $5,000 "take this and go away" offer is not surprising.

What "permanent injury" did the MRI display, and what medical doctor (not chiropractor) opined both that it was caused by the collision and would worsen over time?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    What "permanent injury" did the MRI display, and what medical doctor (not chiropractor) opined both that it was caused by the collision and would worsen over time?

The Chiropractor is very skilled and also is qualified to handle disability claims according to his licenses. The MRI shows a permanent neck injury and information shows that these injuries get worse and there's not anything surgery can do to help which means a person could miss many days of work and with pain killers come other problems because of all the side effects. These greedy insurance companies need to stop playing games and properly compensate the injured.

If you are in a similar situation, don't accept an insulting low settlement. There was a case where the insurers made an insulting $2500.00 settlement offer, the case went to court and the verdict was for $111,000. Sometimes insurers have to pay big for their insults and this was one of those times so be encouraged.

Apparently you didn't understand the questions. As we're supposedly discussing your case, you should be aware that the chiropractor did not order or obtain a MRI, so let us know what the doctors had to say about it. Your personal feelings about chiropractors are irrelevant, although your refusal to answer suggests that the doctors' opinions undermine your case.

Let's try again:

What "permanent injury" did the MRI display?

What medical doctor (not chiropractor) opined both that it was caused by the collision and would worsen over time?

1. Sponsored Links