Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Can I Apply for Welfare, Foodstamps, and Medicaid As a Homeless 16 Year-Old

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: California.

My mother kicked me out of my home about one month ago. I am currently staying with my friend. We are not romantically involved, I have a boyfriend who is a full-time student and attending the same school I do. I do not have a regular job, but I have an odd job as a model. I attend school every single day, my attendance record is perfect. I get good grades and my testing scores are advanced. My friend's parents, however, are tight on money and I would love to not only help them, but also help myself towards becoming independent. They ask that I pay $200/mo. for rent. I can't afford that every month. So, we came up with the idea that I get food stamps and pay for groceries every month (or when needed). I would also need my own insurance in case anything happens to me. My mother does not know where I am staying and hasn't bothered to even try and get ahold of me in any way. My father knows where I'm staying, he is okay with it, however, my mother has full custody of me. Is it possible to get welfare, food stamps, and medicaid benefits? If so, how? And if I got welfare, would I have to pay it back or would they charge my mother? I know I am not eligable for emancipation, which is why I am trying to take this route, otherwise, I would be asking about the emancipation procedure.

Oh and on another note, my mother kicked me out because I wrote this about her on Facebook:
    "Dear Mom,
    Could you have sex a little louder please? I don't think the neighbors heard you...
    Oh, wait... Yes they did."

Please provide me with information if you can.

Default Re: Can I Apply for Welfar, Foodstamps, and Medicaid As a Homeless 16 Year-Old

If you keep the attitude and sense of entitlement you have, you will not go far in life.

Default Re: Can I Apply for Welfar, Foodstamps, and Medicaid As a Homeless 16 Year-Old

Kiddo, I'd have grounded you into the ass end of forever if you had done that to me. What a disrespectful and arrogant creature you are!

How old are you? If you are under the age of 18, your mother is still legally responsible for you and can be brought up on charges if she has tossed you out. If you are under the age of 18, you may not apply for benefits yourself.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Why isn't Dad filing for custody?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

You are eligible to go to child protective services in your state, declare that you're homeless and not able to return home, and see where they can place you.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Kiddo, I'd have grounded you into the ass end of forever if you had done that to me. What a disrespectful and arrogant creature you are!

How old are you? If you are under the age of 18, your mother is still legally responsible for you and can be brought up on charges if she has tossed you out. If you are under the age of 18, you may not apply for benefits yourself.
    You have no right to call me an arrogant "creature". I am a human being. Plus, you have no clue what the situation at home was like. I know she can be charged, however, I have 6 other brothers and sisters that live in that home that have nowhere else to go, I don't want to risk their environment.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Why isn't Dad filing for custody?
    I moved out of my dad's home back in December due to physical and mental abuse.

Then as the old song goes, get a job.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Then as the old song goes, get a job.
    It's difficult to get a job when you need your parents to sign your work permit. :/

You have no right to call me an arrogant "creature".
    The shoe fits.

I am a human being.
    Act like one. "Human beings" don't post pissy notes on Facebook about their mothers having loud sex, where their mothers can see, and expect that there will be no ill consequences for being an ill-bred brat.

Plus, you have no clue what the situation at home was like.
    You mistake me for someone who cares.

EVERY teenager "has a bad home situation", to hear them tell it here. Couldn't have been too bad for you, since you felt safe enough to publicly behave like a constipated toddler. Kids in dangerous situations know how to keep from shooting their mouths off - my own parents tried to KILL me, so believe me when I tell you that when you're in a truly bad situation, you STFU.

Go to CPS. If your siblings are in danger, why would you not want them to get fished out of there by the authorities?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    The shoe fits.

Act like one. "Human beings" don't post pissy notes on Facebook about their mothers having loud sex, where their mothers can see, and expect that there will be no ill consequences for being an ill-bred brat.

You mistake me for someone who cares.

EVERY teenager "has a bad home situation", to hear them tell it here. Couldn't have been too bad for you, since you felt safe enough to publicly behave like a constipated toddler. Kids in dangerous situations know how to keep from shooting their mouths off - my own parents tried to KILL me, so believe me when I tell you that when you're in a truly bad situation, you STFU.

Go to CPS. If your siblings are in danger, why would you not want them to get fished out of there by the authorities?
    Really? Cyber bullying a 16 year old who is just asking for some advice? I actually had blocked my mother from seeing my status updates, so once again stop making assumptions. You must have come from a bad home, you've got a horrible attitude.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast