My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA
I received a notice of infraction for one of the cars I own in my name. The location is Bellevue WA. I am 100% sure that I was not driving the car. I was at the dealership getting my other car serviced and I have the paperwork from that dealership.
I plan to submit declaration of non-responsibility in form of written statement to the court.
However looking at: http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52696 and some other posts looks like prosecution and judges have been using some under-handed techniques to avoid car owners from using “declaration of non-responsibility”
1. Is there any law or amendment that forces car owners to name the driver. I saw there was 2011 amendment to RCW 46.63.075 that requires rental companies to disclose the driver info see: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil.../5540-S.SL.pdf
2. If I refuse to share the driver info can I be charged for “not cooperating with law enforcement”
3. There is a high probability that my wife was the driver but I am not 100% sure to say that under oath, I have 3 other adults in my household that live with me. Can court subpoena all of them to get their statements?
4. To what extent am I expected to share my household situation and car usage pattern for this car
5. I am not sure if cameras pictured the driver’s face (my notice does not have it). If they did, will I be asked to identify the driver?