Default 17 Year Old Wants to Get Emancipated from Unhealthy Living Conditions

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: California.
    Im 17 and trying to get a job in San Deigo, California. Currently my parents are both job-less, and broke off their ass. We have moved around from hotel to motel so many times and we keep getting kicked out of them. They currently are staying in a motel that has one bed and a bathroom. I slept on a chair, so my parents could sleep on the bed. I didnt even sleep, the bathroom had black mold and there were so many roches I felt like I didnt want to even move in order of not opsetting any of them. My parents have welfare but thats only for the food situation. I have been curently staying with my boyfriend, but my parents dont know. Im wondering if I should get adopted by his parents, who would gladly take me in or get emancipated? Im wondering if there is a way around opsetting my parents by telling them I dont want to live with them. Or if there is a way around my parents putting my up for adoption. Can I put myself up for adoption and if I can, how?

Thank you for your time.

Default Re: 17 Year Old Who Wants to Get Emancipated from Her Unhealthy Living Condition

What do you mean you're staying with your boyfriend but your parents don't know?

Where do they THINK you're staying?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: 17 Year Old Who Wants to Get Emancipated from Her Unhealthy Living Condition

They think im staying with my best friend, because they would never let me stay with my boyfriend. I really just dont want to live with them, and my best friend has too many people staying in her house already. I didnt want to become another person who is making her life harder than it already is.

Default Re: 17 Year Old Wants to Get Emancipated from Unhealthy Living Conditions

If your parents cannot adequately support you, you can seek help from protective services.

Your boyfriend's parents cannot adopt you against the wishes of your parents, and... you do realize that if they adopt you your boyfriend becomes your brother, don't you?

Read the stickied threads, as you were advised to do before posting.

Default Re: 17 Year Old Wants to Get Emancipated from Unhealthy Living Conditions

No, you cannot get emancipated - you have provided nothing to suggest that you meet any of the requirements except your age.

No, you cannot put yourself up for adoption.

No, you cannot be adopted by ANYONE without your parents' consent and without a MUCH better reason than that they are unemployed.

If your parents think you are staying with your best friend, then you get your little ass over there TODAY. You are putting your boyfriend AND his parents in legal jeopardy by staying there without permission. Do you want to see them in jail? And no, I am not even remotely kidding.

Currently my parents are both job-less, and broke off their ass.
    What's stopping you from getting a job and helping out, Miss Thang?

You'd need to be working full-time and supporting yourself 100% anyway to even have a prayer of having an emancipation petition heard.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Trust me I have tried to get a job. Even at McDonalds. NO WHERE is hiring in San diego county. If my parents cant get a job, when they have worked their entire life, then what makes you think a 17 year old is going to get a job? Huh? So do the research before calling me "Miss Thang". And thank you to everyone telling me I cant get Emancipated, That just makes me want to prove all of you wrong. I will get away from the black mold in the motel that their staying in, and I will win in court. My case is unhealthy for me to live in, and I wont call the police on my parents, because believe it or not, I DO love them, they raised me.

Tiffany, you're NOT going to be emancipated.

So you're not going to be proving anyone wrong.

The LAW says you will not be emancipated.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

And thank you to everyone telling me I cant get Emancipated, That just makes me want to prove all of you wrong.
    Don't be an idiot.

You don't qualify for emancipation. The law REQUIRES that you be 100% self-sufficient. That means working full-time at better than average wage so you can pay full market rate on your living quarters, buy all of your own groceries and school supplies, pay for all of your own medical care, pay for all of your own transportation costs, pay for 100% of your utilities, AND you have to stay in school and maintain better than average grades. And if your parents say "No, we don't want her to be emancipated."? It's all over.

Howzabout YOU do the research, Miss Thang? With your 'tude, it's a wonder your parents haven't snatched you bald-headed yet. Stomping your little feet will not change your legal reality.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

It's not YOUR parents that are in legal jeopardy. It's your boyfriend's parents, for letting you stay there against the will of your own parents. If you don't read any better than that, it's no wonder you still think you can make the law say what you want it to say.

1. Sponsored Links