Default Father Who Is Never Around

FATHER IS GONE DRINKING EVERY THURSDAY THRU SUNDAY, I PAY DAYCARE, I PICK THEM UP, AND TAKE COMPLETE CARE OF THEM, BECAUSE HE IS ALWAYS GONE. I JUST KICKED HIM OUT BUT THE HOUSE IS IN HIS NAME. OUR OLDEST IS FOUR AND IN ALL THAT TIME HE HAS ONLY TAKEN HER WITH HIM 2 TIMES, WHAT DO I DO?

Default Filing for Divorce

It sounds like it is time to file for divorce. Courts are quite accustomed to situations where the marital home is in the name of one spouse, but the other spouse nonetheless continues to reside there post-divorce.

Default fathers never around

I can file, but can i keep the kids from him until i file? or will that hurt me? This is my life in the last week. Wedsnday, went with the guys untill 10pm. called before he left to tell me, I yelled at him because he hadn't seen the children yet that day. He said piss on you .. got off at 1pm thursday, went 1/4 of the mile from the children to get ready for camping. didn't even bother to stop and say hi or bye! Got in from fishing to call and say he was on his way home friday, never asked about the kids or spent any time with them in three straight days, even when he had a cell to call home. to tell his children goodnight. did spend saturday with them. sunday got up before the girls were even awake, mind you it was a holiday weekened, so his family always does a big barbeque on sunday at3pm, he got home at 2pm drunk off whiskey, passed out, i took the kids to his familys bareque, he awoke sometome during that period of time and drove passed the bareque, back to where he had been drinking before.. So since it is always that bad can i keep the children away until something is decided. today i did let him take the 2yr old for a hour 1/2 and he called 2 times griping because she was crying.. do i think he is a danger to them no, but not ready to grow up and be a father, yes.

Default Parenting Time

You said earlier that the father has taken the eldest child twice in four years. It doesn't sound like his demand for parenting time is a pressing issue. You don't want to be in a position where the court thinks you are the "bad guy" for denying parenting time - if you are inclined to do so, you should consult a family lawyer in your state about your situation.

1. Sponsored Links