Default Close in Age Exemption Laws in Arkansas

I have read the age of consent law, yet I understand that there exists a Romeo /Juliet exemption yet I can not find it in any of the law books or find any court cases where this has been an issue.
    My other concern is if this exemption is in affect why then are so many families being wrongly accused of Maltreatment by DHS or CPS. And how can they find a case true if the children in question have not been medically examined for sexual penetration or contact. So please lets look at this and help me to understand this exemption. Thank you.

Default Re: Choices of Minor Dating

So here is a question the exemption is as I read it if the older is 18 and the younger is 14 in the state of Arkansas they can date, as long as there is no sexual contact as the sex laws proclaim.
    Here is the question how can law enforcement or DHS, or CPS accuse or find someone guilty of breaking the law if there is no proof. Would the accusing not have to prove the case, by having the underage child medically tested (which if sexually active before meeting older would cause a conflict of truth) and so how can these sex laws be enforced if the dating teens were in fact dating and were claiming abstinence and their religious beliefs. These sex laws say a lot but dont have a leg to stand on . There can be backfire by traumatizing the younger to medical testing and emotional stress to all parties. Would they not be able to say their civil rights or rights violated.

I know all you see is who can have sexual contact and goes into the definition , ex.. penetration of the areas, touching breasts, etc. Yet if you have teens who are dating and are living the abstinence stance , what or where are the laws protecting these children and families from prosecution. For I have not seen any proof of the accusers finding proof in these instances. The CPS throws a lot of bluffs, and the police threaten and in some cases even find the parent guilty of Mal neglect of protecting children , but how can they prove such if they have no physical evidence( rape test) . I am tired of seeing innocent people being harassed by the """ law""" and it seems to not matter what the truth is. There is not any laws on dating , but when you get to sex laws for adults in Arkansas it is a civil liberty to what takes place in the bedroom is your business and no one elses. Yes we are talking about children and their safety , but there is a huge loop hole and violation of parents rights on how to oversee their childs life. So I see a change in the law or a chance for new laws to be drawn up and implemented to protect the truely innocent and that being the whole parties involved.

So how can the state prove their case , without physical evidence , not hear say?

Default Re: Explain the Close in Age Exemption in Arkansas

what type of conduct, very specifically, are you concerned with. Often times (and I haven't checked Arkansas statute) simple touching, even when the area is clothed, the genitals can be a crime. Obviously there would be no penetration is such a situation.

Even if it required on the skin contact, just how do you propose proving that? Finger prints?

As well, it is difficult to prove penetration in a lot of situations. If there was a condom used and there was no injury to a females genitals or other signs of force, there is no proof of penetration.

as to the Romeo exceptions. I didn't look any further into the law but if you look at Wikipedia, they do speak to the age difference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Exactly , all laws refer to sexual contact. 16 is age of consent, but there is something that if the younger was 14 and the older 18 and no (proven)sexual contact has occurred, then how can orginizations like the CPS, and Juvenille Protective services even begin an investigation without proof or find the case true without proof of said acts. Also some are wondering if this interrogation crosses the line of Christian beliefs and rights , due to said children involved in an abstinence plan. There seems to be a railroad conspiracy going on and if you are just seen with a older as above stated he can be accused, and parents of the younger found guilty of malneglect of protecting the child, yet no proof.

the open an investigation in order to attempt to obtain evidence that does prove the case. It is just like any other investigation; you have an allegation so you look for proof those allegations are true or not true.

Also some are wondering if this interrogation crosses the line of Christian beliefs and rights , due to said children involved in an abstinence plan.
    Not even close. Have you never met a person that promised to quit drinking, quit using drugs, quit hitting their spouse, and myriad other crimes that eventually gave up their promise and when back to the undesirable activity. The fact you claim to intent to change for religious reasons doesn't mean a thing here.

1. Sponsored Links