Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is dismissal the same as expungement?

I just wanted to know, in california, what's the difference between dismissal and expungement?

Default Re: Is dismissal the same as expungement?

nope dismissal means your case or charges is being dismissed / dropped no longer prosecuted. Expungement is destroying your records so that employers or private entities cannot look at your criminal record. You need to apply for one if you need it expunged.

which is better for the record?

because i'm trying to to apply for a license vocational nurse for the state, which will remove it or looks better so that they don't or can't see....this is a misdemeanor petty theft

thanks.

Quote Quoting FOBX530
    which is better for the record?

because i'm trying to to apply for a license vocational nurse for the state, which will remove it or looks better so that they don't or can't see....this is a misdemeanor petty theft

thanks.
    You would need to follow through with a California Expungement.

Okay after rereading your post, more details would be nice.

Were you convicted of a crime?

Or was your case dismissed?

I am conviced of petty theft, and worried about not being able to become a license vocational nurse, stupid as i know, but a license vocational nurse needs to fill out and take a test/ run background checks from the state. But my court date is on 9/7/06. And i'm wondering if i want to clear this from my record from the state seeing what i did. is it possible?

I am conviced of petty theft, and worried about not being able to become a license vocational nurse, stupid as i know, but a license vocational nurse needs to fill out and take a test/ run background checks from the state. But my court date is on 9/7/06. And i'm wondering if i want to clear this from my record from the state seeing what i did. is it possible?

Quote Quoting FOBX530
    Gotcha, I think this link will help you a great deal with your question and how to go about fixing it.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...n.htm#eligible

As the link is very helpful, but i'm not sure what it is trying to say. What exactly is probation? I dont think i'm on that. This is my first offense. and I am just hoping to clear it up so I can apply into a nursing profession because I've believe on the application it states, "have you ever been convicted of a crime besides a minor speeding ticket?" its either a yes or no.
    And i'm not sure will the dismissal or empunge will allow me to check a no because on the website it states "In California, government employers and licensing agencies (except for police agencies and concessionaire licensing boards), will treat you the same as if you had never been convicted of any crime."? Is applying to the red cross or to the state means is excluded, for a nurse?
    And also when can i apply for dismissal or empungement? because as i stated, my court date is on the 9/7/06 and i'm wondering should i bring/hire an attourney to go there? And if I apply, where can I get the application?

I'm really confused right now because it is my first time and its driving me crazy. I was thinking of calling up these guys for some answers/help/hire them to help me. http://www.nocriminalrecord.com/

Thanks for answering my questions, it really does help. And it does help me calm down knowing that there is a way to clear it up.

Quote Quoting FOBX530
    As the link is very helpful, but i'm not sure what it is trying to say. What exactly is probation? I dont think i'm on that. This is my first offense. and I am just hoping to clear it up so I can apply into a nursing profession because I've believe on the application it states, "have you ever been convicted of a crime besides a minor speeding ticket?" its either a yes or no.
    And i'm not sure will the dismissal or empunge will allow me to check a no because on the website it states "In California, government employers and licensing agencies (except for police agencies and concessionaire licensing boards), will treat you the same as if you had never been convicted of any crime."? Is applying to the red cross or to the state means is excluded, for a nurse?
    And also when can i apply for dismissal or empungement? because as i stated, my court date is on the 9/7/06 and i'm wondering should i bring/hire an attourney to go there? And if I apply, where can I get the application?

I'm really confused right now because it is my first time and its driving me crazy. I was thinking of calling up these guys for some answers/help/hire them to help me. http://www.nocriminalrecord.com/

Thanks for answering my questions, it really does help. And it does help me calm down knowing that there is a way to clear it up.
    Okay, I thought I understood, but you have not been convicted of petty theft yet. You are being charged with it. So hire an attorney and see what he/she can do for you. Expungement is premature at this time.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast