Default School District's Responsibility of Transporting Disabled Child to Alternative School

My question involves a person located in the state of: Pennsylvania
    I have mentally disabled child with seizure disorder that I agreed to transport to alternative school. I am to be paid transportation fee for providing this transportation,however,I have not received recent payment and have gotten no response from school district. At the same time myself, the principal at alternative school and special education director at school district has requested numerous time to have transportation provided by school for her extended school year it has been two weeks with no response I have left numerous messages in regards to both situations and have had no response or resolution I am currently still transporting my daughter w/out pay and need to know what my next step should be and whom I should contact.

Default Re: School District's Responsibility of Transporting Disabled Child to Alternative Sc

Send the special education director of your school district a certified, return receipt letter calling for an IEP meeting to address the fact that the school district is not meeting their legal obligation to provide your daughter with the related service of transportation so that she can access her FAPE including ESY as listed in her current IEP.

If you know how much they owe you under your state's reimbursement formula, include that amount as well as the need to start district transportation (with whatever parameters are needed -- trained nurse/aide. etc) ASAP for the remainder of ESY and for next year.

1. Sponsored Links