Subdivision 1.Notice required; contents. (a) Except in an emergency, an excavator shall
and a land surveyor may contact the notification center and provide notice at least 48 hours, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays and not more than 14 calendar days before beginning any excavation or boundary survey. An excavation or boundary survey begins, for purposes of this requirement, the first time excavation or a boundary survey occurs in an area that was not previously identified by the excavator or land surveyor in the notice.
(b) The notice may be oral or written, and must contain the following information:
(1) the name of the individual providing the notice;
(2) the precise location of the proposed area of excavation or survey;
(3) the name, address, and telephone number of the individual or individual's company;
(4) the field telephone number, if one is available;
(5) the type and extent of the activity;
(6) whether or not the discharge of explosives is anticipated;
(7) the date and time when the excavation or survey is to commence; and
(8) the estimated duration of the activity.