Default Will I Lose My Unemployment Benefits if I Work Part Time As an Independent Contractor

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Washington
    I have been on unemployment for appox 4 months. I have been offered a one day a week Independent contractor job. I will only be working 6hrs a week at this job. I don't expect to make a lot of money at this p/t contractor job. I have looked on the Washington State Unemployment site but did not find an answer to my question. I know that I have to file any earnings with my weekly filings but do I risk losing my Unemployment if I am listed as a Independent contractor? I can't afford to lose my Unemployment over just 6hrs a week. I of course am still in compliance with the state by doing my required 3 full time job searches. I plan to keep a detailed log of my earnings at the IC job.

Default Re: Will I Lose My Unemployment Benefits if I Work Part Time As an Independent Contra

If your earnings disqualify you from benefits, then they disqualify you from benefits. If they don't, you should receive a partial benefit.

1. Sponsored Links