Default Name Misspelled on Ticket and Courtesy Notice

Hi,
    I got a speeding ticket in May, and I just realized that the name on the citation was misspelled and the notice I just got from the court spelled it in another different way. Can I use this to dismiss the ticket?

Another thing is my car was registered under a wrong name too. Whenever I change my DL address will not change the address of my car. Can I argue that the registration was not under my name and thats not my car?

Thanks!

Default Re: Misspell the Name on the Ticket and the Court Courtesy Notice

Quote Quoting frog_rabbit
    View Post
    Hi,
    I got a speeding ticket in May, and I just realized that the name on the citation was misspelled and the notice I just got from the court spelled it in another different way. Can I use this to dismiss the ticket?
    You can try but you'll be wasting your time.

View Post
    Another thing is my car was registered under a wrong name too.
    Its your responsibility to notify the DMV of the correct address. If they happen to get it wrong, your responsibility to make sure it is corrected.

View Post
    Whenever I change my DL address will not change the address of my car.
    What happens when you complete a "change of address for your registration"?

View Post
    Can I argue that the registration was not under my name and thats not my car?
    So you walk into court with a citation (that has your signature on it) and a courtesy notice in your hand... And say "this is the wrong car therefore this is not me"... How did the citation if it wasn't you? It fell from the sky and landed in your hand?

And please don't start multiple threads for questions relatig to the same citation, keep them in the same thread: Got a 22348(B)vc Speeding 100mph Ticket on I-1, thanks!
    I am right 97% of the time... Who cares about the other 4%!

Well,I asked the DMV to change the name on the car and they refused to do that as I dont have the pink slip. I finance the car
    I also submitted the change of address when I renew the license and they mistyped the address.
    I submitted the change of address for my DL, they never made it correct, and I have to do it online later by myself.

I dont know why they cant ever make it right on my record.

My friend told me he had his ticket dismissed because they have the wrong date on the ticket. and the judge will throw the ticket away as 'administrative error'.

View Post
    Well,I asked the DMV to change the name on the car and they refused to do that as I dont have the pink slip.
    So the officer copied the info from the registration... That's a DMV issue and has no effect whatsoever on whether you were driving a vehicle on such and such a highway at an alleged rate of speed on such and such a date.

View Post
    I finance the car
    I also submitted the change of address when I renew the license and they mistyped the address.
    So the officer copied the info from the registration... That's a DMV issue and has no effect whatsoever on whether you were driving a vehicle on such and such a highway at an alleged rate of speed on such and such a date.

View Post
    I submitted the change of address for my DL, they never made it correct, and I have to do it online later by myself.
    Changing the address on record for you DL does not affect the address on record for the registration of a vehicle that you own. Not unless you specifically request that it be changed. PLUS, it sounds like the officer copied the info from the registration... That's a DMV issue and has no effect whatsoever on whether you were driving a vehicle on such and such a highway at an alleged rate of speed on such and such a date.

View Post
    My friend told me he had his ticket dismissed because they have the wrong date on the ticket. and the judge will throw the ticket away as 'administrative error'.
    Apples and oranges... But like I said before (here and in your other thread), walk into court and tell the judge this isn't me and that isn't my car... Maybe the judge is gullible enough to buy into it!
    I am right 97% of the time... Who cares about the other 4%!

1. Sponsored Links