Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Get I.D. Without Proof of Identity

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: not really a drivers liscence just trying to get an ID i have a social security card i have military medical records, i have an expired picture id, i have my dead parents ids and SS cards, i have court papers, i have non imediate family members that are willing to help but they are not parents or siblings, how do i get an ID so i can get a job and for whatever other reasons i might need a ID. someone please help me!!! im at the end of m rope been going through this for thrree weeks now im to my last option here that is going into a police station hitting someone and making them identify me

Default Re: How to Get Id Without Proof of Identity

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: not really a drivers liscence just trying to get an ID i have a social security card i have military medical record....
    Not familiar with the laws of that state.

What state are you in?
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

3 weeks and cannot figure out how to get a state ID card? How about a passport? see..
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...first_830.html

I cannot help u with the state ID w/o knowing what state you are in....you'll need a birth certificate for almost any ID ...

i live in wisconsin was born in iowa

The ID requirements for a Wisconsin driver's license are summarized here.
    Quote Quoting Acceptable documents for proof of identity
    When applying for an original (first), renewal, reissue, reinstatement or a duplicate driver license or identification card, you must provide proof of your identity.
    The document must identify you by name and bear your signature or a readily recognizable photograph of you.
    Documents presented as proof must be original (photocopies are not acceptable):

• A valid WI or out-of-state driver license (not a Canadian driver license) with your photograph. Note: Temporary out-of-state driving receipts are not acceptable.
    • Military discharge papers, including Federal DD-214.
    • U.S. Government and Military Dependent ID Card.
    • A valid WI or out-of-state ID card (not a Canadian ID card) with your photograph.
    • Certified copy of a Marriage Certificate or Judgment of Divorce.
    • Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration.
    • If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian can show a valid Wisconsin driver license or ID card and confirm your identity.
    • TSA Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card).

Documents with a photograph of a person will be accepted only when the person is readily recognizable from the photograph. The department will decline to accept any document presented if it has reason to suspect the authenticity of the document. Questionable documents may require additional review.
    If you have questions:

• E-mail: driverrecords.dmv@dot.wi.gov
    • Call: (608) 266-2353

The same requirements apply for an ID card.

thus is my problem i only have a ss card and cant get the rest so i take it im no longer alloowed to work in this country
    i guess im just going to have to start robbing banks to live

Hyperbolic venting is not going to help you get an ID. Neither will insistence on not reading the information presented.

You need ONE of the documents in the list that Mr. K posted, not all of them.

You also need a document that proves your name and date of birth. Most people use their birth certificate for that. For the state of Iowa, you can request copies of your birth certificate by following the instructions here.

Once you have your BC, take that and your social security card to the DMV and apply for your ID. Easy peasy.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

If you have your birth certificate, military dd-214, ss card, and credit card you should be able to get a us passport. With passport, you can get state ID.

If you don't want to put in the effort you will get no ID.

For a WS state ID, see:
    http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers...ply/idcard.htm

* Proof of name and date of birth, for example, a certified U.S. birth certificate, valid passport or certificate of naturalization.
    * Proof of identity (usually a document with a signature or photo).
    * Proof of Wisconsin residency.
    * Proof of U.S. citizenship, legal permanent resident status, legal conditional resident status or legal temporary visitor status.
    * Your social security number.

Your military records will have your enlistment contract & dd-214. Your birth certificate will show citizenship & you have your SS card. All you need is your birth certificate. WS residency? Easy, library card, phone bill etc...

Order your birth certificate....

sorry for getting rude its just that i have a SS card and the license people say it is not enough and i have nothing else on the list i have been battling this for a month now i just dont see any other options. is there not some place i get get fingerprinted or some thing cause the drivers license people and the jails say they will not. They just ell me we are not NCIS like they do not even want to bother with me. Out of all these lists of things i can use the only thing i have is my social security card all i know is i have a job waiting for me to produce id so i can go to work and if i dont get it soon im going to be homeless thanks to red tape. my bigest problem is getting my birth cert ithey say i have to have pic id to get that. im lost and dont know where to go no more.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast