Question Sentencing for Two Counts of Aggravated Assault

Hello,

I asked this question before and did not receive a good answer.

My friend was convicted of 2 agg assaults.

2 aggravated assaults that occured on 1 day and the prosecution provided 0 physical evidence and only contradicting witness testimony. An on another day, 1 charge of Cr. Attempt 1st degree murder (which was dropped) in which there was some crime scene evidence (shell casings).

He had a jury trial and was found guilty of 2 agg assauts. My question is: since he has served 13 months while waiting for trial is it possible for him to receive probation? The alleged victims are relatives and no one was injured during the alleged incident and they have requested that he receive a minimum sentence. He had just graduated from college 1 month prior to this incident.

Thanks,

Michell

Default Re: Agg Assault x 2 and Sentencing

Quote Quoting michell
    Hello,

I asked this question before and did not receive a good answer.

My friend was convicted of 2 agg assaults.

2 aggravated assaults that occured on 1 day and the prosecution provided 0 physical evidence and only contradicting witness testimony. An on another day, 1 charge of Cr. Attempt 1st degree murder (which was dropped) in which there was some crime scene evidence (shell casings).

He had a jury trial and was found guilty of 2 agg assauts. My question is: since he has served 13 months while waiting for trial is it possible for him to receive probation? The alleged victims are relatives and no one was injured during the alleged incident and they have requested that he receive a minimum sentence. He had just graduated from college 1 month prior to this incident.

Thanks,

Michell
    It appears you received very adequate answers in these threads.
    http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11959 http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10945
    You didn't like your answers?

Quote Quoting michell
    My question is: since he has served 13 months while waiting for trial is it possible for him to receive probation?
    Yes it is possible. It all depends on what the judge decides. Just because someone is in jail does not take time off their probation time.

Oh I'm not saying that it will take time off of his probation. I'm wondering if he could possibly be granted probation since he has served 13-14 months already for 2 aggravated assaults. He is still in jail awaiting sentencing this week.

Please respond,

Michell

Discussion can continue in your other thread.

1. Sponsored Links