Default What are a womans rights in a frisk by a male officer

i was pulled over with my husband and three children, the male officer made me move my hands away from my sides a checked my front pockets himself digging deap. there was no other officers there nore a woman officer is this legal.

Default Re: What are a womans rights in a frisk by a male officer

It is permissible for an officer to frisk a suspect, male or female, whatever the officer's gender. Most departments will nonetheless use a same sex officer, if one is present and available.

In most agencies female officers are few and far between. In my county (counting local police departments, sheriff, CHP, Fish and Game, and various federal BLM and National Park officers) there is a whopping total of 4 female officers in the entire county (not counting correctional deputies at the jail who are not free to travel to the field and injured female officers currently unavailable)! The odds of a female officer being available and in the area on any stop we make is astronomical.

If the law required same-sex searches, then we would have to detain females for an hour or longer at the scene of any stop.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

i can understand that the male officer is alowed to pat down a woman suspect if he feels he my be in danger. But to put they're hands in a females pockets and feel around i just dont understand how this can be right or legal? There was nothing in the car or on us to make him think he needed to search me or the car and he did both.

Quote Quoting abear
    i can understand that the male officer is alowed to pat down a woman suspect if he feels he my be in danger. But to put they're hands in a females pockets and feel around i just dont understand how this can be right or legal? There was nothing in the car or on us to make him think he needed to search me or the car and he did both.
    Because the law permits them to. Some agency policies may restrict when an officer conducts a search of a person of the opposite sex, but there is no law in any state I am aware of that prevents an officer from conducting anything but a strip search on members of the opposite sex.

If he performed the search in a manner that you felt was offensive or he took a gratuitous grope, you can start by complaining to his agency.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Quote Quoting abear
    i was pulled over with my husband and three children, the male officer made me move my hands away from my sides a checked my front pockets himself digging deap.
    I can understand many reasons why a person will be searched.

What were you pulled over for?

Who was driving?

Did you have an ID?

Were you calm with the officer?

Was there a warrant on you?

Were you intoxicated?

Were there any signs of an ilegal substance?

Was any one arrested?

we were pulled over for passing a officer with blue lights on and speeding//which i dont know how he can justify speeding due to the fact he was giving someone on the side of the road a ticket when we passed. i was the passanger, yes i had an id,yes i was calm, no i have a completely clean record, ,no i was not intoxicated, no signs of ilegal substances, we where both arrested the kids taken and all on false charges. i was arrested in alabama and fighting for the custody of my children in florida where i live. the officer called florida and told them i had crack cocain with the intent to sell and smoking a pipe when pulled over, the charges in alabama do not support this, because there was no crack in the car and i was smoking anything when he pulled us over. the only thing in the car was a bottle of soda. my three small children in the back seat. he had us both do field subriaty test and both of us passed, thats when he searched the car and then me. finding nothing but four pills in my pocket that were my husbands perscription. i was charged with controled sub and my husband was let go the next morning.

Talk to your attorney about the search. There are a number of justifications for a search under the circumstances you outline. There may also be grounds to suppress the search ... but the gender of the officer is not one of them.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links