Default Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Workplace, when I Never Stole Anything

I to had a very similiar situation of this sort (see below) & they wrote me up & this is going into my permanent work record I have been with this company for going on 7yrs and I was the only one they kept after new mng came in & fired everyone else...I was so distraught over this that it caused me to go to the hospital that night feeling as though I was having a heartattack, only to find out it was a panic attack, I have been off work on short term disability since this occurence & my dr wants to go see a phys therp...The accusations & so fourth just have me torn apart. It would be one thing if they were true, but when there not & it can affect my lively hood for the rest of my life with getting another job. I am already 45, can anything be done about this? Just curious

"Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Work Place, when I Never Stole Anything

"My question involves defamation in the state of: Hawaii

My boss called me into his office today to inform me that the President of the company was accusing me of stealing from the company. When i dont have the desire or need to have to steal anything from anyone. I can not believe this. I walked out of the office and left it at that.
    Now that im home and have talked about it, i feel as if the President of the company is forcing me to leave the company so they wouldnt have to pay me unemployment benefits if they fired me instead. Why would anyone accuse anyone of doing something that they never commited? I asked what are the reasons for him to make such out landish statements regarding my charactor. He had no answer. I feel i need time off to re think if this is the job environment i want to work in. I felt as thou i couldnt continue to work under the conditions i was forced into today and im not sure if i can really work there anymore with the President of the company making up lies. I have lost all Respect for this man and to know i have to work for someone who does not trust me, like me and wants to make u lies regarding my charactor is terrifying. What can i do to protect myself from this person. Should i quit and file unemployment? Should i take time off and see if the President appologizes for his wrongfullness? I dont want to be accused again for something i never did."

Re: Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Work Place, when I Never Stole Anything

You will not be approved for unemployment if you quit for this reason.

Default Re: Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Work Place, when I Never Stole Anything

What can i do to protect myself from this person.
    Conduct yourself impeccably at all times, and look for a new job in your off-hours. As cbg notes, this is not considered "good cause" to quit, UI will not be approved, so you'll need to be super-proactive instead.

Default Re: Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Work Place, when I Never Stole Anything

First, what state are you in? We can't help you if we don't know the name of your state.

The response to the other post applies to your situation.

I note you've posted this in the Employment Discrimination forum. Do you feel you've been discriminated against by your employer? On what grounds? Before you answer, consider this - most types of discrimination are perfectly legal. Discrimination is only illegal if it's based on things like your race, age, gender, religion or disability. Nothing in your post indicates that you've been discriminated against for any of these reasons (or even at all).

Regarding your situation, I find it odd that your employer didn't fire you outright if indeed your employer firmly believes you were stealing. Maybe things aren't as bad as you think...in order to help you determine that we need to know more about your situation. What were you accused of setaling? Who accused you? What did your employer say, verbally and in the write-up?

Default Re: Wrongfully Accused of Stealing from My Workplace, when I Never Stole Anything

It's not against the law to suspect an employee of theft, or to question the employee as part of an investigation of a theft. Apparently you were cleared or there was enough doubt that they didn't fire you. Based upon what you've told us so far, if you quit you should expect that you will not get unemployment.

1. Sponsored Links