Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with a Possible Hidden Recording Device

Hi,

I have been harrassed by a married woman who had affairs with my ex-husband. She has been harrassing me by calling me, emailing me, and posting my personal information on a public website. Because of this, the court already issued a restraining order to her. However, she just can't stop. In the past year, the situation became worse. I began to find a lot of posts on the public website describing my daily activities, certainly by using some fake names. It described all my conversations, in the house, at work, in the store, almost everywhere. That's exactly the same website she posted my personal information on before and I know it must be her who posted those posts. She knows I go to that website almost every day, therefore, she posted them there to let me know to make me annoyed.

By and by, I began to feel that there were a recording device in my house or somewhere else. At the begining, I thought it was my cell phone since it was always with me. BTW, I cut off my landline. Then I changed a new number and changed a new cell phone too. However, on the same day I changed my cell phone, I can still find my conversation information. Then I know it was not my cell phone problem.

Finally I began to report to the local police because at that time, my home computer and work computer were hacked too since my email content keyword showed up on that website too. That woman is a software engineer and she can surely do that by using virus to hack my computer. My point here is not the computer problem since the computer can be reinstalled and removed the virus. My problem is always the hidden recording device.

Finally the local police did send two guys to come to my house to search. However, they dont' use any advanced tools to search. They just looked around and searched for the recorder. If it is a recorder, it is easy for me myself to locate it. However, it is a very advanced hidden recording device which can't be located easily.The police surely didn't find anything. Also, according to the time that woman post posts on the website, it is almost 24 hours. It seems that she can retrieve the information from the recording device at any time remotely. BTW, she lives one hour away from me. I don't know how that can happen. I did research online and I learned that in order to send the signal remotely, there must be a transmitter to transfer the signal. However, I didn't find any transmitter in my house. Since this situation happened everywhere I go, I believe it must be with me.

Then I began to suspect my car. However, after I asked some professionals to open the trunk to search, they didn't find anything obvious. They told me they can't tear my car apart. It will be very expensive and also I'm still not 100% it is really my car. The following situation can be used to be analyzed:

1:I didn't bring anything with me except my purse to work and park my car in the parking lot. The parking lot is not close to my office and not too far either. my office is in the back of the office building and the wall of the building is very thick. However, my conversation can be caught at work.
    My question is:
    can the recording device detect signal this far?
    There is noise in the street and in the parking lot. There are other persons talking in the office building too. How can that happen that it can filter other noise and catch exactly what I said?

2:I went to walmart for shopping. I parked my car in the parking lot and went inside. What I talked to the customer service inside of Walmart can be caught. How can that happen? It is noisy in Walmart. If that device is sensitive enough to catch all the signals, it would be hard to catch my voice in the noise.

3: When I filed my tax return this year. I don't want my personal information known by somebody esp. after I know there is a recording device with me. I parked my car in a shopping center and walked to the library where is one block away. The room is inside of the library and there are many people there and talking. Finally the key word of my conversation can be detected too.
    My question is still: how can that happen that far? It is so noisy in the shopping center and in the street too. Many people were talking in the room of the library. How my voice can be detected? That day I intentionally only bring a single key with me and several pieces of paper.

I know there must be some smart people like detectives here to help me analyze and locate the recording device. I'm not sure if it is my car. I'm considering selling my car. However, if it is not my car, it will be too much trouble selling and buying a car and losing money too. I want to save every penny to feed my baby. That's also the reason why I didn't go for a private company since they charge thousands of dollors and may end up finding nothing without analyzing and researching. They told me they had to search every corner of my house and my car and I have to pay a lot too. Actually I bought a hidden transmitter detector online, but didn't detect anything. If it is not my car, it can't be in my body, right? It seems impossible.

So, smart guys, where do you think it could be? What's the best and efficient way to test and locate the device?

Thank you so much for your kind help!

Default Re: Help with a possible hidden recording device

The easiest way to get to the bottom of things would be to subpoena information about the website the materials appear on, and use those records and associated IP numbers to track down people who administer or access the site.

Much of what you describe is not realistically possible with a simple recording device (or even several devices), and entails a degree of around-the-clock surveillance that would require a team of trained surveillance experts to accomplish.

What is the brand and model of the detector device you purchased?

Thank you so much for your reply!

It seems hard to trace down her IP address from that website. She can always use all kinds of proxy server to hide her IP address.

As for the recording device, it seems can't happen in real world. However, it did happen to me. It didn't happen just once in a while, instead, it happened every day! It seems that woman has a lot of free time at work and at home to monitor and then post everything there. Her husband works out of state and has no control to her at all. It annoyed me a lot since a lot of my private information could be disclosed since I have to call the credit card company for the bill, and I have to go to the bank to talk, etc. Therefore, I guess that woman already has all my information like SSN, userID and password to my account. It is very dangerous since she could use that to destroy my life.

The hidden recording device seems illogical. However, sometimes the illogical always follows the logics. There should be a clue there, but I just can't figure it out.

Just wonder if I could get further help for the hidden recording device.

Thank you so much!

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    The easiest way to get to the bottom of things would be to subpoena information about the website the materials appear on, and use those records and associated IP numbers to track down people who administer or access the site.

Much of what you describe is not realistically possible with a simple recording device (or even several devices), and entails a degree of around-the-clock surveillance that would require a team of trained surveillance experts to accomplish.

Quote Quoting Amy06
    It seems hard to trace down her IP address from that website. She can always use all kinds of proxy server to hide her IP address.
    What effort have you made to get the logs from that website?

I printed out the posts as proofs, but I didn't contact the webmaster for that website since they don't usually release the users' information.

Also, sometimes there is only 10 minutes difference between her post time and the time for my conversation. I believe she is using the home computer and work computer to monitor me. I just wonder if I can request a subpoena from court and ask the system administrator at her work to track all the information on her computer, including the software she uses to monitor me, the web browsing, the web posts. Is this way possible and efficient?

Thanks.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    What effort have you made to get the logs from that website?

Have you checked your internet connection - it wouldn't be hard to hook something up through an at-home ethernet connection - especially if it's wireless.

Talking Re: Help with a Possible Hidden Recording Device

If you have a web cam and head set or built in mic AND she has your IP address she can basically run your computer from hers. Network with you all kinds of stuff. UNHOOK your mic for sure see if that helps. If it does you might want to think about unhooking that web cam too.
    Cell phones are easy all you have to do is get a slightly modified scanner and you can listen in on anyone's conversations.
    There is also this device that you can get that looks sort of like a satellite dish only it's very small ( the more you pay for them the better they are). You just point it in the direction you want it to listen and abracadabra you get to listen to and/or record a conversation!
    People are creatures of habit. If you watch someone for a few days you can pretty much predict what they will do everyday. Try changing things up.Get out of your rut. Pay attention to who is around at the store, behind you on the road, parked across the street parked on the corner. Do this and in a few weeks you'll know exactly who, how, where, and when you are being spied on.
    GOOD LUCK

Default Re: Help with a Possible Hidden Recording Device

Quote Quoting scoker
    View Post
    If you have a web cam and head set or built in mic AND she has your IP address she can basically run your computer from hers. Network with you all kinds of stuff. UNHOOK your mic for sure see if that helps. If it does you might want to think about unhooking that web cam too.
    Cell phones are easy all you have to do is get a slightly modified scanner and you can listen in on anyone's conversations.
    There is also this device that you can get that looks sort of like a satellite dish only it's very small ( the more you pay for them the better they are). You just point it in the direction you want it to listen and abracadabra you get to listen to and/or record a conversation!
    People are creatures of habit. If you watch someone for a few days you can pretty much predict what they will do everyday. Try changing things up.Get out of your rut. Pay attention to who is around at the store, behind you on the road, parked across the street parked on the corner. Do this and in a few weeks you'll know exactly who, how, where, and when you are being spied on.
    GOOD LUCK
    We try not to post to year old posts.

It tends to just waste everyone's time.

Default Re: Help with a Possible Hidden Recording Device

Argh....I read it all!

Would be nice if OP came back and let us know what happened.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast