Question Bed Bug Bites at a Motel

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

Well my husband & me had to find a new renting place and these days its hard to find a place. So while I barely started my new job, we decided to stay in a motel until we find a place, I paid the motel for 15 days of stay. We went here on the 8th of this month. On the 10th I woke feeling itchy on all over my left arm, also my husband had itches on his body. We have never had experienced bites with bed bugs before besides mosquito's and fleas, so we don't know how they look like. Then on the 11th I felt something crawling my arm and swiped it off and landed on my pants and smashed it and blood squished out of the bug. I then started to search online about typical bugs and came across articles about bed bugs in motels. As the days go by we wake up having more and more red marks, some were big & bulky. I asked the manager for bug spray and sprayed the room, but I think it made things worst cause I ended up getting more bites all over my arms and body. Then my husband notices these little white things crawling on the headboard. Now I can't sleep because I am afraid that the bugs will bite again. I work swings, so of course I need to rest. I have no where to stay so my husband & I are staying in a motel. This is the first time we have encountered this bed bug bites. Seeing all the lawsuits of other people, I don't know what I should do...sue or don't sue? Can someone give me advice on my situation on what is the best step to take. Thanks!

Default Re: Bed Bug Bites at a Motel

The lawsuits aren't simply over the presence of bedbugs - they're over the resulting injuries, particularly the scarring that can result from repeated bedbug bites, or from the cost of eliminating bedbugs from your home after your belongings become infested at a hotel. (There's a lot of information online about how to treat clothes and similar items before taking them to a new location or returning them to a location after an exterminator has attempted to eliminate bedbugs.)

Have you considered switching to a different room, inspecting the room for any sign of bedbugs? Or changing motels?
    Quote Quoting How would one go about avoiding bedbugs at hotels?
    Inspecting fairly thoroughly for signs of bed bugs when you first arrive in a room can be very helpful. Include checking the bedding (especially near any attached type of bed headboard), the luggage holding rack, night stands by any bed (remember to check underneath and inside drawers if possible), closet shelves, dresser drawers, and along carpet edges under and near (e.g., within about 5 feet of) any bed. Report any evidence of bed bugs to the management immediately for their corrective actions. Just moving to a different room may not be the total answer. You should repeat the thorough inspection of any new or different room you are offered. When you pack to leave, inspect your luggage carefully first, and inspect every item as you pack to help detect any bugs or their signs. Laundering most cloth items with typical hot water and detergent followed by drying on low heat for at least 20 minutes (or standard dry cleaning) should kill all bed bugs in or on such items. Sealing freshly-laundered items inside a plastic bag should help keep any more bed bugs from getting in those items later to hide (and be carried back with you). Initially detecting and then excluding the bugs is the usually best strategy.

1. Sponsored Links