Default Will a Petty Misdemeanor for Underage Consumption Show Up on a Background Check

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Minnesota

I am 20 years of age and received an underage consumption a bit ago this year in mn. The conviction was deemed a petty misdemeanor which is not a crime in the state of mn, however, I am wondering if this will show on a pre-employment/background test? If you need the specifics on who is running the test, it would be E-verify. For some reason I have gotten mixed answers all over the internet on this so I would appreciate some straight talk, thanks.

Default Re: Will a Petty Misdemeanor for Underage Consumption Show Up on a Background Check

The service you describe appears to permit you to purchase your background report, so why not purchase it and see what's on it?

Default Re: Will a Petty Misdemeanor for Underage Consumption Show Up on a Background Check

I appreciate the suggestion and thanks for the reply, but I'd rather not purchase anything and receive the knowledge from someone who has experience conducting or being conducted by that service. Also would you happen to know if background checks are only effective if the employer has received the address you were living in during the incident. Lets say my home address is in another state where I have no record at all, but my I received the petty while at college in MN. What if I were to only list my home address, thus not giving access to my record in MN?

1. Sponsored Links