Default Child Custody and Felony Charges

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: illinois

i became pregnant in 2009. The dad ignored my calls and would rather do drugs than take care of me.
    i had my son in 2010 and i took him to see his dad 3 times. two of the times he was high. 5 months later he decided to take me to court for partial custody of my son.
    when i was pregnant his house got searched and they found a pot plant, a kit that he was trying to grow magic mushrooms in, and a few guns he didn't have a foid card for. his case has still not been finalized.
    i do not do drugs and am taking perfectly good care of my son.
    what i want to know is if its likely that the judge will even go through with the child custody case since he has pending felony charges. also, i would like to know if he has any chance of getting partial custody of my son. i am very concerned for his safety with his dad. he is very unreliable and cant be trusted.

i do have a lawyer and he has already told me what i can expect. he says i shouldn't have much to worry about but i want some other opinions. Thank you

Default Re: Child Custody and Felony Charges

Quote Quoting leeshaweee
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: illinois

i became pregnant in 2009. The dad ignored my calls and would rather do drugs than take care of me.
    i had my son in 2010 and i took him to see his dad 3 times. two of the times he was high. 5 months later he decided to take me to court for partial custody of my son.
    when i was pregnant his house got searched and they found a pot plant, a kit that he was trying to grow magic mushrooms in, and a few guns he didn't have a foid card for. his case has still not been finalized.
    i do not do drugs and am taking perfectly good care of my son.
    what i want to know is if its likely that the judge will even go through with the child custody case since he has pending felony charges. also, i would like to know if he has any chance of getting partial custody of my son. i am very concerned for his safety with his dad. he is very unreliable and cant be trusted.

i do have a lawyer and he has already told me what i can expect. he says i shouldn't have much to worry about but i want some other opinions. Thank you

Dad is fit until a court says otherwise...and even if he's convicted of a felony, he will likely get at least visitation.

He does have a chance, even with a felony, of some sort of custody.

I hope your attorney has explained that to you?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links