Default False Accident Report by Police Officer

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: NY

I got into an accident I was not at fault. Unfortunately the police officer made a false report by reporting just one side of the story that is completely false according to facts and is proven by the photos of the accident scene. the ambulance toke me away fast to avoid being question by the NYSP in order the NYSP should hear only the manufactured false story from the other guy. when I got back from the emergency room I approached the NYSP in the station which handled the report, he first denied facts from the scene, when I pulled out photos from the scene he got red and blue and tried with other lies, but I pulled more photos and cornered him again and again ....then he told me he is ready to hear my side of the story and promised me to add my story to the accident report ....today I got the accident report from the DMV and what do you thing I got? the same false story!!! I need to bring the officer to justice for the false report what kind of lawyer should I get? or what other process is possible? Please help!!!!

Default Re: False Accident Report by Police Officer

Thats a tough one. You need to talk to an attorney and present all the evidence you have and see if you have a case. I'm guessing it might be tought to find an attorney willing to take that case though.

Quote Quoting emailtojoel
    View Post
    I got into an accident I was not at fault.
    How do you know? YOU may believe you are not at fault, but opinions might differ. Even insurance companies might have a differing opinion of fault than the police report. "Fault" is a conclusion based on opinion, for the most part.

Unfortunately the police officer made a false report by reporting just one side of the story that is completely false according to facts and is proven by the photos of the accident scene.
    That is not a "false report." It might be an incomplete investigation, but unless the officer knowingly and intentionally presented falsehoods in his report, he did not make a false report. He may have related statements that were false or inaccurate as presented by the other party, but that doesn't necessarily make that party lying, either. Being wrong is not a lie.

You are free to report the officer to his superiors (a personnel complaint) if you believe any malfeasance or dereliction of duty occurred. If you were injured, your insurance company can address the issues of liability, they do not have to agree with the state police conclusions. There should also be a means by which you can appeal any points assessed against your driving record if any were assessed as a result of the collision.

Unless you have costs that have been incurred directly as a result of the police report, and you can prove the officer made knowing and malicious falsehoods in the report, you likely have no grounds against the state for a shoddy investigation. You can always consult an attorney, as that tends to be free, but unless there is a lot of money in it, they may not be too interested.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

So let's hear what you have to say about the accident?

What happen, and why do you think you weren't at fault?

What did the other party say in the report?

Is there a relation between the trooper and the other party?

"You say the ambulance took you away fast so the trooper couldn't question you", what were your injures?

You told him your side of the story at the barracks, what did you say and what did he write in the report?

1. Sponsored Links