Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Child Support, No Custody

    My question involves child support in the State of: colorado

    My husbands ex is trying to get him for four years of child support, even though he had their daughter 98% of the first 2 1/2 years. There is no custody orders. She denied his military insurance to keep their daughter on medicare. He was never served with any papers or notified of a court date. Last august our bank account was frozen and we were told he was $9,000 in arrears. They started garnishing his check $528 a month. We went to the child support office and were told it should be half that, $200 for current + $64 for arrears. How do we fight this?? We are paying more than our rent in child support for a child his ex won't let him see. What do we do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Child Support, No Custody

    As I said in your other thread, he needs to file to establish an enforceable visitation plan.

    Now, the child is on medicare? Does he owe the arrears to Mom, or the State?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

    Do not microwave grapes

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Termination of Support: Revising Child Custody and Parent Plan and Removing Child Support
    By JennyCasper in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
  3. Multifaceted Child Custody, Visitation, Child Support
    By zacharias_winchester in forum Child Custody and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:50 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Forum Sponsor
Custody Lawyer
Get help for your custody case. Consult a divorce lawyer for free.

Untitled Document