Default What Living Conditions Can I Expect in Jail

I have to server 20 days in the Bexar County Jail ( San Antonio, TX ) and the closer It gets the more I wish I had taken the 2 year felony probation. I had 7 ounces of marijuana.. so got a felony posession charge, but if i took the jail time they would drop it to a mistemenor so I did.

I am hoping that I am in some sort of "barracks" like you see on that show "lockup" where its like a huge room with double bunk beds. I really cant do a "cell" type invronment, I will freak out.

When I was in austin I got arrested for a fight, I was in there for around 14 hours.. i went from booking to a large square room with cells along the wall on the 1st and 2nd floor..... is it going to be like that? God I hope not.... I dont think I can handle that for 20 days....

Can someone give me some insight on how I may be housed.. or what its like in there? Im a first time offender, and my sentence is 45 days but I get 2 for 1 so Ill serve only 20. I really cant be in a cell... confined.... I pray to god its a huge room with bunks like some of the jails on "lockup"

Default Re: Someone Please Help. Im Going into Jail on April First and Have Some Questions

Every jail is different, but I'm given to understand that plain old lockup is pretty boring.

Regardless of whether you can "handle it", you're going to have to buck up and do so. It's 20 days in the clink, not 20 years in solitary, for the love of Pete. Spare us the drama.

Learn yourself a lesson, and don't do things that will land you in jail.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Someone Please Help. Im Going into Jail on April First and Have Some Questions

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Every jail is different, but I'm given to understand that plain old lockup is pretty boring.

Regardless of whether you can "handle it", you're going to have to buck up and do so. It's 20 days in the clink, not 20 years in solitary, for the love of Pete. Spare us the drama.

Learn yourself a lesson, and don't do things that will land you in jail.
    Kind of a useless reply don't you think? Very un-helpfull and to be honest pretty annoying. Its far from drama, seeing as how I don't have a problem doing the time, I just have a hard time in small spaces even in my personal life let alone jail. So spare me the useless replies if you dont have anything constructive to say.

ok, here is a picture of your accommodations:

and here is the room service gal:

Ya need to chill out dude. Unless somebody here has spent time in the exact jail you will be housed, nobody here can tell you what your accommodations will be like.

All you had to do is look online for Bexar county jail. You could have found this on your own:

Quote Quoting phreak
    View Post
    Kind of a useless reply don't you think? Very un-helpfull and to be honest pretty annoying. Its far from drama, seeing as how I don't have a problem doing the time, I just have a hard time in small spaces even in my personal life let alone jail. So spare me the useless replies if you dont have anything constructive to say.

Oh calm yourself.

And read jk's response.

Because jk's response rocked.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Can you imagine how loud the sound of peeing must be in there?

Just sayin.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

1. Sponsored Links