Hybrid View

Default Roommate Moved Out with No Notice and Did Not Pay Last Two Months Utilities

My question involves a roommate in the State of: Virginia

I have a problem. It appears as if though my roommate has left today without notice and has not paid me last two months utilities. I have no way in getting in touch with her and I have no idea where to find them. The kicker is, is that they were not on the lease and we had no written agreement for rent and their name is not on the utilities. They've always paid for everything in cash month to month. Is there anything I can do to try and get my money for at least 2-3 months of utilities? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Room Moved Out with No Notice and Did Not Pay Last Two Months Utlities

If you can find him/her, you can attempt to sue in small claims court. However, since you have absolutely no proof of any agreement at all, you may find the road a difficult one to travel.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Room Moved Out with No Notice and Did Not Pay Last Two Months Utlities

Cash is the best way to pay, no paper trail...

Thank you guys. I'm not too sure what Virginia law is with my predicament. The total of what I'm owed is $200. Is this even worth pursuing?

1. Sponsored Links