Default Remove father's name from birth certificate and change of baby's name

Hello, I am a 27year old male in the state of Louisiana. I was dating a girl, who got pregnant while we were dating. I was skeptical about the baby belonging to me because she told me her due date was at the end of April and she had the baby 4 weeks early in March and he was 7 lbs. I wanted to do the right thing, so I signed the Birth certificate. He was named a Junior. The baby doesn't resemble me at all and none of his features are resembling my features I had as a baby. My family told me that he is not mine. I want to know how do I go about taking my name off the birth certificate after getting a paternity test and how do I go about getting the baby's name changed from my Junior.

Default Re: Remove father's name from birth certificate and change of baby's name

It is easy to do a DNA test if you have access to the child. There are numerous private companies which will send you a kit by mail for taking cheek swabs from both you and the child, which you then return for testing. There will also be local clinics and hospitals which offer DNA testing services - check the yellow pages.

If you're not the father, you may be able to get relief (although your time for seeking relief may be limited), but by the same token if you're not the father it's none of your business what name the mother gives to the baby.

Unless you come from a family of psychics, until you get the DNA test results they should really keep their noses out of your business. I mean no offense - I've just seen a lot of cases where meddlesome family members create a lot of suspicion, discord and hard feelings, and then... lo and behold, the DNA test proves them to be wrong.

Default Re: Remove father's name from birth certificate and change of baby's name

Although Aaron answered you question re how to confirm paternity by DNA. If you don't have access to the child for a private test, you will need to file a petition with the ocurt to establish paternity, then the court will order a DNA test which is more expensive than the private test, those results in turn will help you decide what to do next, if you are not the bio dad, you will want to file to disestablish paternity and any assocated child support orders that signing the AOP may have envoked. If it is your child you may want to file for some sort of custody and visitation and expect that you will be ordered to pay for child support from the date you signed the AOP and if mom and or child are on state aid, that the state will also seek money from you. YOur actual name on the birth certificate is the least of your worries.

As to the weight of the child, that is right on target for a child born at 36-38 weeks and not unusual for a 1st child to be born premature. Remember children have 2 sets of potential chromosomes, so a baby's features would not necessiarly be exactly like yours as a baby, unless she was your sister and shared the same gene pool.

I want to change the father of the son that I had before I got married The bioligical father never paid any court ordered or any child support and also as of last year signed a notirized paper giving me all legal rights to my so my husband now has been the only father my son has known HOW DO I CHANGE THE FATHERS NAME TO MY HUSBANDS NAME?????? Because currently we are doing a legal name change and I wan the birth certificate father change as well.

To change the father on the birth certificate you'll almost certainly have to do a step-parent adoption. Adoption laws vary by state.

1. Sponsored Links