Default How to Take Legal Action Against the California Franchise Tax Board

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of California:

Seeking legal action against the California Franchise Tax Board

Nearly six years ago an IRS data input person misread a number on my tax return which altered the taxes owed . . . in their favor naturally. The problem was eventually resolved in my favor after a significant amount of time, grief and money had been shoveled into the “solution furnace” . . . but shortly thereafter the California Franchise Tax Board picked up the scent and have been hounding me ever since and for some reason they refuse to accept the IRS documentation explaining that the IRS decision was reversed.

Resolving this issue is not free and I’ve been toying with the thought of trying to force the California Franchise Tax Board to reimburse my costs and professional fees related to seeking a solution for this data input error.

Is it time for a reality check or is the possibility of seeking legal action against the California Franchise Tax Board viable?

Default Re: How to Take Legal Action Against the California Franchise Tax Board

I don't know of a way, under the facts given so far, for you to recover costs and fees from the Franchise Tax Board. Although I'm skeptical that you'll find a way, the professional(s) who are assisting you would obviously know a lot more about the situation than we do, so I suggest raising the question with them.

Default Re: How to Take Legal Action Against the California Franchise Tax Board

Have. I was told this is the way the IRS and FTB work. You are guilty until proven innocent and even then, it's touch and go.

1. Sponsored Links